MRRF 2018, Ideas?

One for each of the machines drop my logo on there, diggidy done! On nice paper it would actually be cool to have one. I will be framing and hanging a set of them on my wall. I am going to have to go back and recreate every version of the mpcnc to show the progression of parts. I am super hyped about this. Great idea.

That looks great. Before you send it to the MPPLOT, what do you think about adding text to make it look like a patent?

Is there some kind of poetic nature to handing out patents to an open source project at MRRF? Or does it actually work the other way?

I wouldn’t want to ruffle anyone’s feathers that took it seriously. I will mess with it more tonight and see if I can get it a little more optimized.

Cool Idea, Thanks so much. This goes perfectly with the new multi-color upgrade I will be debuting at the show…

I have spent thousands of seconds sourcing the highest of quality parts…

[attachment file=55068]

Overkill.

Just close one eye at a time. Plus, it changes the color of the paper too.

1 Like

Ahaha.

HAHAHA

Jeez no way I am giving this thing away now. I have built a travel CNC, took some extra work but man, a little extra time really makes it nice. I squared up the new feet (super easy), screwed them down, they will stay on the base. Cut and filed the legs so they are the same size, just push the corners on and it is pretty dang level, sanded the rails, rewired and sleeved each axis to come apart easily…and labeled the connectors. Last step is square the gantry and label the rails so they go back the exact same way.

Odd, I learned a lot with this build so far. Probably time to update the instructions.

I will just need to find a few shows to take it to.

1 Like

Dam even there packaging is sexy…Mine will be in several pieces in a suitcase wrapped in an old blanket. Can’t wait to see it in action.

Bring a heavy coat. All this happened last night. They’re calling for 40’s tomorrow with snow Saturday.

[attachment file=55853]

Noooooooo, snow is too cold fro my Cali bones…

The drawings I have for MRRF are coming out so freaking good I had to up the arc resolution by 10x’s… I honestly had no idea that a 0.1mm arc resolution would ever be needed or would be noticeable! Night and day difference with a 0.3mm pen strapped on there. Kinda blown away, not to toot my own horn here but dayyyymmmmm.

Can’t keep it to myself. The “c” is almost legible and it is the same size as the date on a penny… I am going to see if there is a more fine pen.

[attachment file=55885]

2 Likes

With that fine a line, you might consider drawing a PCB. I was surprised at the results I got when testing with a regular ball point pen. A fine point on good medium could be impressive.

[attachment file=“KiCad & FlatCAM.jpg”]

Wow, nice. Your right the paper is really not the best as it almost makes the ink bleed. Your PCB is pretty good and with a regular ball point even.

Ron are you coming to Merf?

1 Like

I will be there at noon tomorrow!

Ryan! I am very excited about this small detailed work. I have some small aluminum engraving I have been wanting to try. This gives me higher hopes that the tiny letters may come out clean.