My 1st lowrider2 pipe + electronics help

I live in florida. We have Lowes Home Depot and Ace Hardware. All the metal conduit pipes here are 1 inch or 25.4 mm inside diameter. I found a .75 inch conduit with a 1.05 outside diameter. The extra .05 inch caused major issues. Thought briefly about modifying the stl for the bridge between the rods in something like 3d builder but ended up using a steel closet rod that had an exact outside diameter of 1 inch.
I found that many curtain closet and shower rods here have an exact od of 1 inch. I place the smaller rod inside the bigger one for rigidity. Not sure if it will hold yet

Martin

Hey Martin, hope all is well. Not sure if I mentioned this. If you can afford a bit more. I would look at your steel distributors in the area. I know that they sell steel pipe that is very nice. I have the one inch by 1/8th currently in my MPCNC. I will share pics and video later this week. I took a few weeks off and have been doing other things. I am about to get it all up and running. I just uploaded the Raspberry Pi software that Jeff has provided and my mega is ready to go. Anyways, I found that the tubing comes in 20 feet and it cost me about 29 dollars with 3 cuts. I don’t have a truck at them moment. :smiley:

I used 25mm OD Carbon Fiber tubes, because they were cheaper then the SS. the ID is 22mm. they are really stiff. They seem to fit real nice. I’m sure how they will hold up on the rolling bearings though. I’ll send pics when I get it all assembled.

I think carbon has been tried before and the bearing just delaminate it. You’ve got them, so don’t tale my word for it.

1 Like

Foreshadowing for the 2020 MPCNC asthetic. You saw it here first. :rofl:

1 Like