My LR2 Build (UK)

Morning all! Just starting my LR2 project build and thought I would share my experience on here. I am sure there will be some questions/plea for help as well :grin:

My build is in the UK and I already have most components from old projects.

I am struggling on the 60mm PU wheels, any UK builders found a decent local source??

2 Likes

These should fit?

Yoodeet Black Luggage Suitcase / Inline Outdoor Skate Replacement Wheels with ABEC 608zz Bearings (60×18mm): Amazon.co.uk: Luggage

Welcome! I’m only slightly farther down the path with my LowRider. :slight_smile:

Thankyou, @keeze ; I also found these [64mm Inline Skate Wheels 8 Pack 64mm Skates Replacement Wheels with Bearings S2X | (eBay)

I have no substantive way to know if they are any better but the bearings look more conventional and could be swapped out for the 608z that I have in stock with rubber seals (help keep sawdust at bay)

:wink: :+1:

In the Docs @vicious1 states:

+/- 3mm is fine any larger and you will need to compensate by raising your work surface. These 59-60mm wheels are commonly called hockey wheels.

So 64 mm is a mm to big :wink:

Oooh. Good point. But if I machine some v grooves in the deck (as seems to be the done thing for x axis stability) that should bring me back into tolerance again I expect…???

Lowering the wheels is effectively raising the work surface, so yeah that would work. However the trick is to machine two perfectly parallel grooves.

@davem could do with a CNC router :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah the age old, need a tool to build a tool. Lol :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Update! All parts printed and have now assembled main gantry.

It’s running a bit rough at moment but I am on cold dipped galv conduits so will get the wet n dry out later to smooth out. Might open up the holes on the router mounting plate to allow the bearing brackets to relax a little as seems to be a little tight in traversing…unless anybody advises otherwise (do they bed in of their old accord over time / plastic creep?)

Piccy below to make it ‘real’!!