My LRv2 so far

So it might not look like much to you seasoned LRv2 peeps, but I feel like I’ve made some pretty decent progress. The printing was the worst part I think. Because I started out in PLA+, then found a PETG ‘Yellow’ that is almost exact to the Dewalt Yellow, so I reprinted them all again lol Silly me.

So I spent about an hour today in my shop putting things together on the flat pieces, and realized I left some of the parts at my house, so I had to stop. For Now.

I’ve got everything, including the lumber for my table, but right now it’s just sitting there until the holidays when I’ll have about 20 days off to finish it.

I got my tubes, but the ends really need cleaning and deburring. Would a reamer be the answer to that?

4 Likes

:heavy_check_mark: Yep.

1 Like

Thanks!

Makes me smile every time. Seeing yours, building another one myself, always! Be proud and happy, and most importantly have fun doing it! Keep the build pics coming. It might take me a few days but I try to look at every post.

1 Like

If you have a bench grinder, a wire wheel on there works really well for that too.

It’s coming along nicely on the build. I’m curious to see the final table plan after all the discussion you’ve had for it.

1 Like

I just ordered the ridgid reamer, wish I had thought about that, I have a bench grinder and a wire wheel (I think) but I think the reamer will work better because most of the burrs are on the inside of the tubing. Also got a ridged tubing cutter made for stainless to help clean the ends up too. I purchased them a little longer than the table generator said for this very purpose.

Ok so, these holidays have been absolute shit. TLDR version: Had a very sick cat the entire time, and UGH what a long story that was. The ER we rushed him to said we had to put him down, so for 3 LONG days we were upset and didn’t leave his side. When taking him to the vet to have him put to sleep she informs us it was a misdiagnosis, and everything will be fine and I just can’t get those 3 anxiety riddled days back. Needless to say I haven’t been working on my LRv2 because of that.

Ok now that that’s out of the way, I’m about to finish the build of the machine, and I noticed the part I’m about to start, isn’t documented as well as the rest of the steps. I’m about to start putting the Z Assemblies together, and I need some layout of what goes where, and which hardware to use etc. I feel like I only have a bag of the same bolts left if memory serves me right… Is there any ‘additional’ info on how to install all those pieces?

Yikes, Rough holiday. Sorry to hear that.

Do you have a picture to what you are referring? The Z doesn’t really have an assembly just the Z rails and lead screw.

Thanks, it was tough for sure.

Mostly little things, like those little spacer parts that go up against the pipes inside the couplers, and the pieces that hold the hose channel on. I’m not there at my machine right now, and it’s probably pretty straight forward if I were there, but just trying to make sure I’m prepared.

Pretty much everything in this photo.

It should be straight forward, just make sure to not go super tight on the screws, they do not actually do much, and try to keep all the gaps even all the way around. You are ideally looking for the Z rails to measure the same distance at the top as at the bottom. without being in the side plate.

1 Like

And the hardware that I have left in the bag, all that is for these final assemblies?

Thank you for your quick response, and help! I’ll get back on it Monday, and if I run into any uncertainties, I’ll post here.

For that (both sides) is would be a total of 18 screws and nuts.

1 Like

Ok, not 100% sure, but that looks about like what I had left. Thanks again Ryan!

1 Like

I didn’t want to spend $20 on a reamer so I grabbed a (very dull) step drill bit and shoved it in the ends. It worked perfectly!

1 Like

I didn’t think of that. However my tubes need inside and out cleaned up so the dual purpose Ridgid reamer I got has really served it’s purpose! But your idea is actually genius!

Heads up there is a mis-link on the assembly page. If you notice, there are two pictures of the Z assembly. If you click on the first one, you get a close up… If you click on the second smaller picture, you get an expanded view of the assembly pieces. I looked at the page code and it appears a duplicate naming issue that might be finding a thumbstamp version of the first picture.

Here are the specific links:
First Picture (assembled Z Axis): https://www.v1engineering.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Z-Assm.jpg
Second Picture (detailed view): https://www.v1engineering.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Z-assm.jpg

Note the only difference in the image names is the letter case of ‘A’ in the .jpg file name. My guess is the thumbnail file for both links refer to the "…Z-Assm<thumbnail>.jpg

Ryan - Great site and great machine designs.

I just dove into the pool a few minutes ago and ordered my bundle for an LRV2. I’ve been printing parts for the past week or so on a Cr-10s Pro that I actually got as a scratch and dent (two pallets of Amazon returns that my wife almost divorced me over… until i sold two Traeger grills, one blackstone grill, etc… and to be clear, I don’t recommend or encourage anyone to buy those pallets. I gambled and was lucky. I’ve heard of others who lost a lot of $ on those.)

Anyway, thanks to all for the info on the forums and once I start assembling, I’ll try to get some pictures posted up.

1 Like

I am not seeing where the second picture should be. Am I looking at the right page?

https://docs.v1engineering.com/lowrider/

Also, if this is easier, there is a little pencil in the top right of the page, and if you can find the error, you can make a change and we can just click to merge it in. But I appreciate the bug report, regardless of the fix :slight_smile:

Good morning Jeff. I’m not sure my html skills are up to fixing the page but I’ll dig around a bit and see what i can find.

I’m not sure if this will work but this is a screen shot of what i see using Chrome…

Getting off-topic for this thread so if you have a more general, “Web page edits/suggestions” thread, let me know and i’ll move over there.

Do the two links i posted above take you to the same page? For me, they take me to an zoomed view of the CAD generated assembled model (first link) and second takes me to an exploded view of the assembly.

Thanks,
EG

THANK YOU! THIS is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you for finding it!

Sadly it also indicates I’m missing some of the required hardware. I don’t have any of the M3’s, or the 6/32x1.5’s. The only thing my kit has left over at this point, are the 6/32x 1’s and the matching lock nuts.

Can you share a link to that page?