My new Lowrider2

Today I finished my cable management, so now it’s okay for me to show this machine :slight_smile:

I printed most of the parts with BASF Ultrafuse PET which has a very good layer adhesion and a good solid behavior. Only the XY mains are printed with carbon filled PETG.
I redesigned some parts for my purposes and did some improvements…at least in my opinion :wink:
Regarding the control box I went the cheap way with Arduino UNO and CNC Shield.

First cuts went pretty good. Next time I will adjust the belt tension and calibrate for more accuracy.

Thanks Ryan for your very nice work!
Best regards from Germany!

15 Likes

Looks nice. Love the tongs!

Thanks! The BBQ tongs design is shared by UnclePhil. You can download his template on his website https://www.unclephil.de/uncle-phil-s-datenautobahn/

1 Like

I appreciate it!

Clean build and new minimal Z corners, fancy belt mounts?

Super clean and amazing looking first project!

Thanks Ryan!
Honestly, I do not like the belt mount solution with zip ties :wink:
And during the design of my own solution, I got the idea of reducing the printing time of that parts a little bit…
The belt is clamped on minor tension first and finally set to proper tension by a simple belt tensioner as they are often used on 3D printers

2 Likes

I just wanted to summarize my updates and add an other one.
Upgrades on stiffness: Upgrades on stiffness - #25 by Synthesis
Quick release tool mount: Lowrider2 - router carriage with quick release mod

And the last upgrade I made is a laser. It fits on my tool mount and has the same center point as the router. This allowes me to use the laser at a normal tool change like an other endmill.

First tests with the laser turned out well. The PWM is working good, too :+1:
I’m looking forward for future projects with it :slight_smile:

Cheers
Richard

6 Likes

Very slick. Im jealous.

1 Like