My second lowrider

Using my lowrider 2 to build the lowrider 3. It still amazes me how capable the 2 is when it’s dialed in. Looking forward to the upgrade.

This is the 2 milling 8mm aluminum plate.

9 Likes

Oh buddy! I am excited to see what you think of the 3!!! You should be able to do substantially better. That looks like a giant LR2…gunna keep it that size?

2 Likes

Oh and I am going to need to stop by occasionally and use that brake!

1 Like

Might have to make it a bit bigger. This was purpose built to handle 4x12 sheets of aluminum for the airplane I am building.(Zenith Ch 750).

8 Likes

WOW!

3 Likes

:exploding_head:. Wow!

Sharing your build journey somewhere?

1 Like

Hopefully soon. Currently don’t have much to show. Boxes of parts I’ve cut and formed. Hopefully will have everything made to assemble the fuselage this winter. Lowrider has been great at hitting the +/- .5mm accuracy needed for this project.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Replying just so I can sit back and watch, what ambition (and courage) to build something that will fly!!!

4 Likes

Moving along. Should have it together this weekend.

5 Likes

@KCdad, looks awesome. But guessing you knew someone would be curious, and ask… What are those YZ plates made from? My best guess is 1sqft composite Kitchen countertop samples you have no intention of returning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, they are made from corian countertop. I always have some around. I get it on Craigslist or marketplace. Someone is always getting rid of some cheap. As long as you don’t care about color it’s an amazing material that machine’s beautifully.

4 Likes

Decided to print design 8 studios controller box after test fitting the original. Will make a final decision after this one finishes up,

1 Like

Came out perfect.

2 Likes

Y rail is in and as level and strait as I can make it.

11 Likes

And the award for the longest LowRider goes too…

DANG!

5 Likes

Hey cool. And I’m blown away at your work on building an aircraft!!!

Re. the control box - I was just a lowly remixer of Ryan’s cool design!

1 Like

Holy cow how long is that table!!

Nice table! Looks like a runway.

Finally getting back to finishing up this build. Had a career change and things have finally settled down. Everything is running as it should. Now just need to square and level. Then a test cut.

6 Likes