Neat!

3 Likes

He is making a big boy out of his bridge boy. Can’t wait to see the projects he pulls out of it.

The software to run it will be interesting as well. The cam can not be fast too process, and I believe he will have to import the actual model to run the cam.

So many questions for this cool project.

He has been at this a while, crazy kit.

2 Likes

The comments are crazy. Things like, “the plastic will explode as soon as it touches the work”. If I hadn’t been loving with the internet for this long, I might argue with them.

1 Like
3 Likes

That dude makes some crazy stuff. I didn’t know it was him until the end. When that arm popped out in a shop full of antique tools I was shocked.

I still want to try some fancy shaped joinery with the CNC I just haven’t found a good project yet. I really have to need/want something to dedicate so much time to it. That video brings in the fancy shape aspect with basic joinery, put them together, magic.

2 Likes

Figured I’d add this here instead of starting another thread titled “Neat!” :rofl:

9 Likes

That was a great video, I have to watch more of his stuff!

1 Like
5 Likes

How does it drive on it and cut it without the wheels damaging the cuts. Especially those small bearings.

Looks like it “hangs” the lower gantry rail from under the table. Look at 2:40 in the video.

3 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

What kind of sorcery makes a vacuum out of compressed air? DUDE. This makes it seem very feasible to do a LR sized vac table.

1 Like

Bernoulli’s Principle? (aka Venturi Effect)

3 Likes

The actual pump in the video is fairly impossible to get in the states.
Nippon Pisco VU Union Straight Vacuum Generator VUL05-66A (360-6287)

4 Likes

My mind is blown! Magic pressure inverter!

1 Like

Back at the machine shop we had an air tool that pulled vacuum on intake and exhaust ports to verify the valve seat and stem seals. Pretty sure it worked this way.

2 Likes

OMG I am getting one, I don’t know why but I NEEEEED it. There are so many options. I have no idea why this seems so cool but for ~$12 I have to have it.

1 Like

Amazon has one similar to the video for $8 but the one you linked Barry is WAY better. You can get them with silencers even…cool.

1 Like

So now we need to make a Primo out of chopped Carbon Fiber with a vacuum hold down table. Really starting to like this thread!

3 Likes