New build from Norway

Hi everyone,

I´ve been lurking around here for a couple of months now, and have been working on my MPCNC build for about as long.

Bought myself a 3D printer in the end of november last year and after printing the obligatory Star Wars stuff I promptly set about printing the parts for the MPCNC.

I´m from Norway, so for practical purposes I went for the 25mm version, sourced some 25mm pipe with 1,5mm wall thickness from a local shop. All parts were printed on a Flashforge Finder II using PLA with infill and such as advised on the v1engineering pages.

Ordered most of the electronics and other hardware needed part from the nuts and bolts from Ryan, so that was waiting for me coming home from christmas holidays.![

The unit has a work area of roughly 65x65cm with rail length 92cm, and a work height of 10cm.

I´m using a Makita RT0700C at the moment, but looking into getting a Shuner Uad30-Rf for ease of use with collets.

For controller I went for Rambo with dual endstops and a LCD, running Estelcalm and repetier host on a win 10 PC at the moment.

Assembly went for most parts really smooth, there were some fumbles along the way, and they were entirely of my own doing, rushing where I should have been reading documentation :wink:

Did a crown test a week or so ago and today I attached the router and did the first series of cuts (see pictures). Still some cable management to do, but it´s getting there.

Everything seems to work perfectly, except that my X-axis homes in the wrong direction, Y homes to endstops, but X moves the wrong direction. Manual control of X in repetier host is correct, but not when homing. So if anyone has any tips on that they are more than welcome.

Carved using a 6 mm routerbit as that was all I have at the moment, will upload some more when I get some actual end mills next week.

That´s all for now, see you around :slight_smile:

Tore

8 Likes

Ser bra ut! Imponerende at du gikk rett på dual endstops.

Takker :slight_smile:
Tenkte det egentlig var like greit å hoppe i det, sett i ettertid så synes jeg egentlig ikke det gjorde det særlig mer komplekst, så fornøyd med valget egentlig.

Sånn sett bort fra at de bare virker på en aksk så langt da selvsagt

Does it actually keep moving or does it just go a few cm in the wrong direction? What does M119 say? If it just moves a bit your endstop is wired wrong m119 will show, if it keeps going you have the endstop on the wrong side, Homing X moves left, homing Y move towards you, Z down.

I do now feel the need to quote myself :blush:

There is nothing wrong with my X-axis, part from me being an idiot, having placed the endstops to the right.

Thanks for the explanation, I´ll just pop into the workshop and rearrange my endstops :smiley:

1 Like