New Build from the LowLands - Netherlands

Hi Peter thanks for the reply, EN de groeten vanuit Utrecht :wink:

I have a fan sucking air through my ramps box, so also over the stepperdrivers. Maybe it is not enough?

I think I will redo the wiring anyway, probably best to minimize the connections.

What you describe in 2 is what happens i guess. The stepper disables and the router comes down because of gravity, it is indeed heavy and smooth enough to come down on itself.

Maybe I have a faulty stepperdriver. I will switch the next project Iā€™ll do. Only thing is that only happens occasionally, but until I fix it, Iā€™m not able to do refined projects, because it is kind of a waste of time to wait 5 hours or more for a screw up because of the z axis coming down.

Thanks for thinking with me here, appreciate it. Also read your topic btw.

I didnā€™t see the fan in the pictures, but if you have one already I should think thatā€™s enough.

But you and me having the same problem and both living in the Netherlands got me thinking. Maybe it has to do with the region we live in. And sure enough, this is what Wikipedia says about gravity: ā€œā€¦ gravity increases from about 9.780 m/s2 at the Equator to about 9.832 m/s2 at the polesā€ and ā€œan increase in altitude from sea level to 9,000 metres (30,000 ft) causes a weight decreaseā€. We live pretty far north, plus we live below sea level. Gravity is enormous here, compared to the rest of the world! :wink:

Ok, back to work nowā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol, so your saying I should put my MPCNC on a very high tower?

Think Iā€™ll first try the other stuff.

However, nice distraction, thanks!

I live in de Achterhoek, and donā€™t share your problems. Maybe it is because i live 15 metres above sea levelā€¦

Ā 

I would check wiring first. I had some issues with it, especially with the connections on the ramps-board. At the moment all is stable.

2 Likes

Hi Kockie, Iā€™ve checked, I am 5.5m above sea level so I should be good :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ve redone the Z axis wire. Hopefully I have time for some testing today.