New build in TN started.

Thank you guys. Ok I started the board up (no smoke that’s good) but the LCD screen did not light up. And no motors moved.

Then I remembered somewhere it said to jump something on the board to trick it into thinking the heater for 3D printer is on. If that’s the case how do I jump that out on the board

thanks again all

Did you connect the power supply? The mini-rambo can’t power itself from the USB alone.

The resistor jumper is used if you don’t have an extruder, and have the wrong firmware, but it won’t prevent the LCD from lighting up, and telling you that there’s a heating problem.

Ryan’s probably answering this same question…

I am not 3D printing just using the low rider to do some wood working

So maybe I do need to jump out the heater on the board?

wait…

No worries I’ll wait for more info.

Thanks

The motors won;t move by themselves and if you don;t have a screen going then you can;t move the motors, so that part is solved.

As for the screen, it is probably just plugged in wrong there are four ways it do it so 25% chance of getting it right on the first try…It always takes me a few.

Just look at my picture in the rambo page showing everything plugged in that I previously linked.
Make sure port 1 is plugged into port 1, 2 into 2, form there we are down to 50/50. If it still doesn’t work power down and flip the plugs the other way.

On the lcd if you have the cables pointed towards the bottom of the screen the rambo end will point towards the middle of the board.

There is a real solid chance (99.999%) you have the correct firmware that does not need any heater resistor plugged in, I stopped that before I started carrying minirambo’s, pretty sure I made you wait and you are the first one to get the new firmware but I am not 100% on that.

Thanks Ryan I received your email. I was using the Repetior host software to try and move the motors.

I will let you know how things turn out in the morning.

Thanks again for your help

The ribbon cables will only plug in in one direction ribbons facing UP. I tried again and the LCD did not power up. I have them just like shown in the link sent. I did reverse the ports also and still no LCD.

I also sent photos of the cables and the wiring harness to connect the motors. The wiring harness sent is different than what shows in the link. Just want to be sure the one I have are correct. Please take a look at the pics I sent let me know.

[attachment file=41742]

Ryan, Anymore thoughts about the LCD screen not lighting up? See previous post.

Take your cables off turn them around, the ends are different. Plug them in exactly like mine are.
Your pictures are too close and only show one end at a time so I have no way of knowing if you plugged it in correct.

Of the 4 ways you can plug it in, 2 of them will give you zero results, 1 will dimly light it up, the other works.

The ribbon cable will not rotate 180 degrees to face the way shown in the pic. Look at my pick 1 there is a tab that protrudes on the black plastic that will not allow me to rotate 180,

Look on pic 2 there is a slot for the ribbon cable with tab to slide into.

If these pics are not ok let me know and I will send another.

Russh

Ribbon-shows-tab.jpg

The other end of the cable should be the opposite direction.

It doesn’t actually matter, I switched the wiring to show you.

[attachment file=41755]

Connected as shown. LCD still not powered up.

I have the white wire from the power supply to - red wire to + fyi

Could we have a blown fuse on the Rambo?

Each way I try the screen is dark No dim light nothing.

Russh

Are there LEDs on the board lighting up?

Can you confirm the polarity of the power input with a voltmeter?

Jeffeb3,

No LED’s light up on the Rambo.

I do not have a way to check polarity but I can tell you the red wire from the inverter is in the positive side of the Rambo and the white is in the - if that helps?

Can you show a picture with everything plugged in so we can check all your wiring. I have never had a bad rambo board, and never had an LCD not light up.