New Build Planning

Hello all,
I’ve been lurking for a while now, and soaking up as much as I can until I could move into a space big enough to build my own CNC router. I’m planning on using it almost entirely for wood, with the occasional thin aluminum work. Mostly I want to build some of the large wooden clocks that I’ve seen online, as well as design a few myself. I’ve been trying to work on a budget for it, and have gotten to the point where I can make the plunge. However, the original plan was the RAMBo 1.4 board from the V1 shop, but it’s been in and out of stock so much that I’m considering buying that component (or something similar) from a different vendor. Would someone mind giving me a quick rundown of a few options? I tried looking online but everyone has a different opinion on what’s ideal and what’s complete garbage. Given that I’m planning on following this design I figured I’d just ask y’all and see what has worked and what hasn’t.

Rambo 1.4, Mini Rambo 1.4, Ramps, Archim 1 or 2. Can be bought from Ultimachine or AliExpress but quality might not be as good on the latter.

Ryan is a one person shop, and his inventory is honest. He doesn’t sell anything he doesn’t have, so the stock can be in and out. The advantage of buying from him (other than the support for his designs) is that he flashes them before shipping.

3 Likes

It is currently in stock. Like Jeff said, I only list items I am ready to ship so typically no waiting once you do take the plunge. And…I am pretty sure I am by far the Least expensive place you can get a new Ultimachine board especially if you buy it in a bundle. I think that is worth a few days wait if, when I do run out.

4 Likes