New build started in PA

Hi everyone, I’ve been wanting to put together a CNC for my shop for some time now and after a lot of hours spent looking over different designs, I settled on the MPCNC. Since my work space is limited to about 1/4 of my basement, I wanted something that was modular enough to provide me with a router, plotter, vinyl cutter, and laser engraver in one platform. The MPCNC seemed to be the best fit for my needs.

My build is 30x24, using 3/4" EMT and an SKR 1.3 with touch screen & dual endstops.

All of the assembly has gone off without a hitch. I found the instructions on this site to be very clear and straight forward. The only thing i found tedious was getting the X & Y tubes on which the center section rides to be completely square.

At this point the assembly is finished and all of the wiring has been tidied up using the tape measure trick I found on here. The only thing I’m waiting for at this point is the control board & touch screen which are currently somewhere in the pacific ocean, pretty sure they’re paddling it here.

5 Likes

Where in PA?

In the Reading area.

I’m on the other side of the state. Nice build.

Where are you, Mark?
I’m northeast of Pittsburgh outside of Kittanning

Titusville (s of Erie) but I’m from your direction. I used to work at the Alcoa Tech center close to you.

I know some guys from kittanning. The company I work for sent me up there a few years ago to train their mechanics on a new machine we bought.

1 Like