New Build - Sydney Australia

You need to post those to „Things you have made“!! I rarely check the build threads but I am always interested in the things others create. :slight_smile: You can also add them to the gallery, which makes Ryan happy. :smiley:

1 Like

i’ve bought a duet 2 wifi clone board so this weekend will be upgrading to dual endstops. haven’t landed on a firmware yet but will play it by ear.
biggest pain will be all the rewiring but at least the stepper connections are easier than series wiring.

I have working configurations for RRF 3.x for both the Primo and LowRider dual endstop for the Duet2 WiFi. I use the PanelDue screens on mine but they are perfectly good over WiFi as well. I think those configs are in my PLOG topics. Can’t send them from where I am (in the airport now waiting to board a flight.)

I can get the config and homing files once I’m at my destination, I just need to VPN into my home network.

I also have macros for using the Z probe, setting the workspace X and Y to zero and have the pause/resume routines set up.

3 Likes

yes please!!! that will save a ton of rework! thanks @SupraGuy

Good build and I really appreciate the documentation. Could you please say if you have changed your fuidnc/fysetc e4 config from the August post or is all still same and working well. I know you are changing soon so would be good to get your last working here documentedif you don’t mind because it’s where I’ll start :slight_smile:

Hey mate :slight_smile:

Latest working config here: FluidNC Primo Config for FYSETC-E4 board - #2 by gritters

The downside for the fysetc-e4 board was only 4 drivers so I couldn’t do dual endstops. I never really understood the appeal of dual endstops until I started realising I was getting drift from my frame that I couldn’t easily fix automatically. Apart from that it was a perfect kickstart board and I was able to test all the hardware end to end very easily, including normal endstops and an xyz probe. Plus I got it as a freebie from a mate so the price couldn’t be beat!

Perfect thx.Ya I got one for $20. I have an 8 driver octopus board unused that I will likely move to once I get evrything working decently to move to dual endstops, etc. Thanks once again!

refresh that config page i pasted the wrong one

I had my first ‘the magic smoke escaped’ situation yesterday and burnt out one of the drivers on the new duet wifi board. I had used the online config generator and not checked the generated config.g file before trying to move the motor. Somehow the config generator set x and y to 300,000 mm/min. It appears the trap is that fluidNC uses mm/min and the reprap config UI uses mm/sec, so I overshot by 60x :frowning:

Anyway one driver fried (apparently on just a single coil), so I’m stuck on my old fysetc board for a little while until a replacement arrives. Have been redoing all the wiring in the meantime so hopefully it will be a quick plug-in upgrade in a week or so.

That is crazy. Hard to believe that would pop a driver.

1 Like

Replacement board ready to go. Case from here: Duet 2 Wifi Case - 2020 Profile - Tronxy X5SA by pr0xyfl00d3r - Thingiverse
I modified the lid as I wanted the wiring to come straight out the top.

Rewiring for dual endstops complete. Complete do-over of wiring. Endstop switches tested and ready to test with the motors. Dog keeping an eye on things.

3 Likes

woohoo all motors and endstops working! calibrating this afternoon and then time for a cave with the new board.

2 Likes

Has your supervisor on the left sign off on the changes?

4 Likes

Another Australian here. I have just started printing the parts. Thanks for all the information. Ill refer back to this post to get my build complete

2 Likes

Welcome OBI call out if I can help with anything.
Looking forward to seeing your build.

Yeah mate yell out. Between me and @Melcour we’ve probably hit all the snags multiple times :slight_smile:

What I would say is if you’re impatient start working on ordering the belts/boards/motors/pulleys etc. Aliexpress was pretty fast for me but it’s going to be painful at this time of year. Everything else I could pretty much source locally.

Second that advice.
Ebay was my go to and didn’t have any dramas.

First test carve this evening - I flipped the spoil board over and re-levelled it.
I found out that UGS doesn’t really like talking to these Duet 2 boards. Its a pity because I really liked the gcode viewer, it was handy to triple check that I had my dimensions correct and correct z heights before I started destroying things.
In the end I used UGS to visualise and check everything but uploaded the gcode straight into RepRap and played it from there. Worked a charm even though I was a little puckery when I started it.
I also got the z probe functioning again and I think I found out the cause of some of my other pocketing errors that had been bugging me. I’m pretty sure it’s the xyz probe macro adjusting for the tool diameter, and I didn’t change it when I switched to a smaller diameter tool. I’ve built a set of macros for every diameter tool I have now so I’ll hopefully get to try a pocket again tomorrow and see if it fixes things.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your build and info. Its been great to follow. I’ve been wanting to build an esp32 based CNC for ages but I might save it for a printer or something because after reading this I’m set on dual endstops. Planning to switch from LR2 (with no end stops) to a Primo.

By the way, check out kingdom3d.com.au for eSun

1 Like

Will do mate. Slowly printing the parts. Ordered everything else in need (hopefully)

2 Likes