New discourse forum, Questions, comments, and concerns

Thanks for the confirmation.

I think things should start to pick up with the redirect. So many things to learn I will be poking around all night.

1 Like

This is minor, but when I updated my favorites on my iPhone with the new forum link it no longer shows the v1 logo. See the circled icons in the screen grab.

I would call this low priority, unless it could be a symptom of something bigger.

Edit: I now have the v1 logo back.

Phew… I had no idea how to do that. I put a logo everywhere I could find!

1 Like

The images have funny padding. Many of them are squished, although maybe just ones converted from the old forums? Some of them run off the right side of the page. The ones in this thread look fine though. Maybe it’s just the old ones.

They have not been converted yet. Should start around midnight my time and take 6-7 hours, along with the likes. New pictures worked perfectly, old ones get a script of some sort to fix em. Likes should come in as well

1 Like

This image is doing it too. It’s new.

I’ve been fumbling my way around the newness of the forum and i’m learning to navigate my way around, and so far it’s ok, but i can’t find my way out of the forum and back to the main site.

I’m not using the discourse app. I’m just using safari on my iPhone. I’m sure i could get there other ways, but I haven’t found a link to the home page from the forum. Is there one?

Hmm, that happens on the app for me as well. I am not getting the color boxes on my topics all of the time and your screen shot above shows them. I can’t find any app settings in the app, or app specific settings here.

I just got that in late last night. Scroll all the way up “home”

Sorry, I’m not seeing “home”.

Oye. Mobile, app, and desktop…shoot. Home link only shows up in desktop. Let me look into it. I have no idea. I think I can add a footer that might show up in all three.

1 Like

I can add links to the hamburger menu, that should work everywhere!

2 Likes

If i’m pickin’ up what you’re puttin’ down about a hamburger thing, that’s exactly what i was looking for. (I think?)

Working on my badges. :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome. I will hit up those links. I have two options above or below the categories? I think below??

I thought the badges were lame at first glance and was going to turn them off…then I started hunting them myself. I like them now and it gives me another level of insight. I think I will make a few of them a requirement for potential vendors, or maybe the trust level thing. Fun!

2 Likes

I’m assuming that you are saying above or below the categories box and not at the top or bottom of the categories list. Below would be fine.

This might be more appropriate.

It is also kind of an “official” add on and the other was not.

To be honest, i was tapping the V1Engineering logo at the top and i was expecting it to take me to the home site.

Yeah that one I can not change. So the link I added above puts it right above that one, and I can get all the other links in as well.

Excellent. The links all work as they should, but the home link is a bit crowded up again the address bar and is a bit tricky to tap, on my phone anyway. Thank you.

Refresh, that was the old one, still working on it

What should I do about the double logo? Hmm make a special “forum version”, I can change the top one to just text but it is kinda ugly.