New discourse forum, Questions, comments, and concerns

Oh wait. They look the same in the post… they looked different in the preview… n/m…

2 Likes

A Wintergatan fan!

3 Likes

I would say a large majority of the people in this forum have to be fans of that guy and his DIY style, right?!

5 Likes

Wow! I haven’t been here for a while and things have changed a lot! I need some time to absorb:-)

3 Likes

I’m really mesmerized by his instruments and music!! A perfect combo :sunglasses:

2 Likes

He has quite the combination of charisma and rationality.

More info on the wall project here (but I didn’t make the wg poster):

3 Likes

@vicious1

I replied to a post quoted by the OP. The system removed my quote. Do you understand why?

Please see attached image for my screen grab.

1 Like

If you quote the entire post, it gets rid of the quote, but there is a little arrow with their avatar that will show you which post you replied to.

2 Likes

You can see the arrow here, where Turbinbjorn replied to Ryan.

2 Likes

And if you slightly truncate/modify the quote?

2 Likes

Let’s see:

I drop into the meta discussion for Discourse from time to time. It is a wonderful place to some model problem solving discussions. I’ve learned a lot about why Discourse is configured the way it is and it makes me appreciate it.

3 Likes

I was trying to figure out why it sometimes puts the image there and sometimes not. I think it puts the image there when you’re not replying to the previous comment.

Here, I hit the reply arrow on Jamie’s post.

2 Likes

Congrats on the successful migration!

3 Likes

maybe I am doing something wrong, when I click on the forum link on the main V1 page I see the following
https://forum.v1e.com/forum/

shouldn’t it be
https://forum.v1e.com/

?

F5 should clear that up, seems like you have the old cache still in there.

1 Like

Thanks. I thought I fixed that, maybe it was another computer.

1 Like

It happened to me on my laptop yesterday, I had a mild heart attack thinking I somehow screwed up the DNS stuff again!!

1 Like

Kinda cool, makes me smile. New analytics and they are all pretty solid in my book.

3 Likes

I’m digging the new forum format. It’s very fresh, and I really like the preview of the post in real time. Very fancy. Thanks as always Ryan!

3 Likes

Is that grapefruit color all me?

1 Like