New Dual EndStop Wire kit

This outta clean things up a bit and no more user extensions needed (finally)! The plugs that come with the Rambo boards are the same length as the stepper wires when it is all mounted, so this works out really well.

Two things. First I know ribbon cable isn’t electrically ideal, but we only use the endstops for homing and the rest of the time they are off. There should be no noise/signal issues. This provides a very clean wiring scheme (tape measure trick anyone!). Second, I know the rambo wires have a clip, but I do not want to make this Rambo exclusive, so keep taping them connections!

This means there will be two extra wires at the Z stepper, could be fun (z probe, LED, SSR?)… I think I will also use one of these for the PID if there are no signal issues, that would mean two more extra wires.

2 Likes

Ordered!

1 Like

I ordered the pre-flashed RAMBO 1.4a with the dual endstop kit, and it came with 5 ribbon cables…but the picture above only shows one stepper connected.

X1, Y1, and Z are obvious, but where do I connect X2 and Y2? Do they go in E0 and E1, or do I need to modify the ribbon cables for series wiring?

If you ordered it with the dual endstop wiring kit, then Ryan has flashed it with the dual endstop firmware. I think he puts a ‘d’ on it somewhere.

X2 goes in E0. Y2 goes in E1.

More info here:

https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/dual-endstops/#rambo

2 Likes