New LCD screen issues

Hey guys. Just putting together my lowrider 2 for the first time. SKR Mini Pro 1.2 with me newest firmware for from Jeffeb3. Purchased a BIGTREETECH 12864 LCD for it. On route if I get a garbled screen. Just wondering if this is firmware, or I have to update drivers for the screen. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you

There are some delay settings. We have them set to work for the tft screens on the skr boards.

Also, what is the skr mini pro? I know of a skr, skr mini, skr turbo, and a skr pro (which is not small at all).

I’m sorry. SKR Pro 1.2.

I use skr minis with my 3D printers and I decided to blend the two names apparently.

Okay. So do you have any suggestions as to how I might be able to resolve this issue? I’m dying to test my machine :slight_smile:

Have you perhaps tried this:

That appears to be the exact model I have. I’m going to try this thank you

Try what BTW? It definitely looks like a timing issue since it is only slightly garbled. My guess is you have the ug8 lib properly installed, and the proper lcd define as well. I am not that familiar with the code that creates graphics for Marlin, but my guess is this may be fixable by changing a delay somewhere.

On a side note, I have an otherwise perfectly functioning printer with ramps and the same display. When my garage gets really hot sometimes the display gets like that. In my case timing is probably out of spec when a xtal gets too hot, but works fine otherwise.

You might also look into your 5v supply, because the display generally looks dim.

Lastly… the title says TFT, and this is not a tft, but an lcd.

Oops. Completely right. Not a tft.

Are you talking about setting delays and such, I don’t know what you’re talking about :slight_smile: that’s the type of help I need. The firmware on this screen is as it came from the factory. I’ve made no custom notifications to the firmware of the screen or the firmware of the SKR board. Kind of lost here

When I click on the button to download the firmware for this screen it gives an invalid SSL certificate error

You can’t/shouldn’t try to change the firmware on this screen. The solution is to change the delays in Marlin and install that version you’ve built yourself on your skr.

Start by following the instructions here for: platformio

Get the skr source code from marlinbuilder releases. There is a src zio inside the zip.

Build the firmware without modifications to make sure your tools are working.

Change those delays to 400, build, flash, and then see if that is any better.

Ok Jeff, I downloaded this preconfig BIN that had my screen already configured and flashed it, and it worked great. Screen was perfect, but obviously didn’t have you changes to make the cnc work right. Im not sure if you are able to just see what makes this one work so I can try and figure out what to change in your files. I’m trying to use your bin with the dual endstops, but just need to get the screen working. Really appreciate any help, or a compiled BIN. Lol

Scratch everything I just said. Your instructions on the delays worked perfect and it is working great. It was user error on my part. Thanks again

1 Like