New Lowrider 2 in BK

Hey everyone, I just thought I would post some pictures of lowrider build at the current state and maybe use this post for any questions I maybe have…I’m using this AGAM extruded aluminum for my frame.

4 Likes

Cool, the extruded aluminum is really nice. Where is bk? Is this Bosnia Herzegovina?

Thanks! Ne brate, it’s in Brooklyn, NY.

Here are some updated photos of the frame/table setup. Think it might be rigid enough? This table size gives me a usable area of 28x33.

1 Like

Here’s an update on my build! At this point I just need a case for the electronics and a spoilboard and I’ll be cutting!

1 Like

Nice alum table there…gives me some cool ideas…by the way…if not enclosed get yourself some earplugs :crazy_face:

Thanks! 2 sets of earmuffs on deck! :grin:

1 Like

Finally Seaworthy…Arg!! Time to make some chips…

5 Likes

Nicely built, could you post details on the clamping at the table, please?

Cheers,

Àlex

Àlex, I used these saddle brackets I found on thingiverse from another lowrider user. I did have to modify them to work with my extrusions

2 Likes

That just gave me a cool idea on how to keep my top table in place…thanks for sharing it.

Cheers,

Àlex

1 Like

So forget the bacon grease, I’m cooking with lighter fluid now…

I had some extra extrusions laying around and since this is in my apartment, around other electronics, I’m thinking to make an enclosure in attempts to deal with the dust… Please let me know if I’m crazy :joy::joy::sob:

2 Likes

For some reason this reminds me of the prison cell magneto is in in the early xmen movies. Wrapping it with Plexi will only further that. Not that it’s a bad thing.

1 Like

Haha yeah there’s def some Plexi in it’s future

1 Like

Great idea although you’ll also need a massive hoover to deal with the inside dust…:crazy_face::+1:

We’ll see the bigger the Hoover the more heat generated in the room. Also I can’t for the life of me figure out what this part is for, can anyone help me out

4 inch to 2 inch reducer?

It goes into the router base. Between the metal part and the wood plate. I didn’t put mine in either. It’s to reduce the router exhaust from blowing chips everywhere.

2 Likes

That part goes in the space shown in my pic…

2 Likes

No wonder my dust was flying all over the place!

1 Like