New LowRider in South Bend, Indiana

Just did my first project on my LowRider. I have been here Lurking for while soaking up info like crazy! Still learning alot. I am using Skr Pro V1.1 board and Skr TFT V2 and TMC2208 drivers with a 4’x8’ cut area. Thanks Ryan for an awesome project to do during the Pandemic.

6 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Nice table!

Thank you!

Oooooh she’s a big one! Nice work on the plaque too, the paint fill looks good.

Thank you

I really like the idea of using LSL. Do you work with that stuff normally, or did you buy it special for this purpose? It is super stable, heavy, and straight.

I am a plumber by trade and I have been around LSL for a while. And the qualities that you mentioned is why I chose it. Thanks for noticing.

Dang! And not too pricey, especially if I don’t have to spend an hour or so sorting through a stack of 2x4’s hoping someone missed a straight one… I need to get some lumber for table legs anyway, I may just have to take a straightedge to my table and see how badly I screwed it up (down?) and think about replacing the frame.

1 Like

I have wanted to include it, and it’s friends, in other projects, but I am just not sure the best way to choose a product. I ended up buying a single 16’ piece and had the lumber place cut it in half. I would like to try lvl (that is the stuff that is a bunch of laminated piece with grain going the same direction, I think). But when I asked about it, it sounded more like I was trying to specify a joist for a building.

There was an article from fine woodworking with a lvl benchtop. That’s where I learned about it.

I got mine from Menards, 8’ long

Huh. They don’t have menards, and they aren’t at the regular home centers here in CO. I had to go to a lumber/building supply store.

:+1: I understand that

Damn, neither menards near me carry it.

1 Like

Well crap! They have it now. When I first built the table they didn’t carry it. Tried steel studs first, bad idea…