New Lowrider v2 build in the Netherlands, does your Lowrider makes music?

So I finished this wonderful build, thanks Ryan, and it was a real experience.
After setting up, adjusting, taking it all apart because I had some parts on the wrong side, and setting it up again I could finally do the crown test. Which went great, right at the first time!

Now I was wondering if your Lowrider also makes music like mine does?
I made a video of my crown test and putted it on Youtube: https://youtu.be/Ssk9_yBxJLc

It really reminds me of a old Nintendo 8-bit game :smile:

4 Likes

I have an MPCNC burly and the ‘music’ was one of the things that surprised me the first time I ran it. :grinning:

1 Like

Since it’s been brought up, I’m wondering if one of the more electronically knowledgeable folks here can give a simple explanation of what it is making the sounds we hear?

Stepper coils are the same thing as speaker coils. Vibrations are vibrations… I have some gcode that will play the imperial march on my printer.

4 Likes

:grin:

1 Like

Oh man, you need to share that!

1 Like

star-octaves.gcode (1.6 KB) Unless you have a railcore, it would probably break your printer. Whoops, it’s the star wars theme, not imperial march.

If you try it, keep your hand on the power button!!!

1 Like

I guess I could try it on the ZenXY. Does it use the Z motors?

Nope.

I just downloaded it - I’ll be trying this out today! Any final tips on zeroing the LR2 prior to starting this? I am imagining I get to a crescendo as it rolls off the table!

Interesting to think that the steppers are wound like speakers. I never would have connected this. Once the router starts cutting - it’s not noticeable. Thoroughly took me a minute to sort this out.