I gave it a try on my i2 clone printer this weekend. Still had to install ug8lib manually (switched computers since the last time I upgraded Marlin.) I added in the 1.1.x bugfix stuff since it looked pretty important (i.e. looked like stuff that should NOT have been overlooked on an official release that’s been over a year in the works!)
Seems to be working fine on my printer. The LCD menus are definitely improved a bit…but I haven’t upgraded my printer since RC6 - so probably nothing new for those of you on a more recent RC In fact the few test prints I did are some of the best I’ve gotten off my printer.
Then I made the mistake of trying to figure out UBL The docs are a mess. I had to read through the code and a bunch of PR’s in github to figure out what was going on. I eventually managed to get it to generate a mesh, and print a G26 mesh test print…which was mostly ok but the back rear corner was really a mess…and I’m too tired to figure out the G29 P>3 stuff for refining the mesh now. So…project for later this week.
I may dig in on the linear advance stuff tonight…been wanting to mess with that for awhile.
Haven’t bothered to try it on my MPCNC yet though…heck I’m still on RC6 there as well because it’s been good enough for what I use my MPCNC for. But with an official release out I’ll probably be upgrading once things settle down. Right now though it sure looks to me like 1.1.0 will have some teething pains. But when you keep adding features to your RC’s that’s not unexpected