New Marlin 1.1.0 release

I’ll try it out later today I hope.

Must have been something to do with the image I loaded, longer burns are going just fine. I also just tested the speed declaration and in PEP5 it’s not an issue where the F1400 is placed. I bumped from my usual 1200 to 1400 and it took the settings and ran appropriately in either case.

[scode lang="{language}"]( PicEngrave Pro 5 - 3D Laser Gcode )
( Date/Time: 05-17-2017 at 10:55:22 )
( Image File: BAtmanSmall )
( Image size in mm: 78.7w x 78.7h )
( Pixel Resolution: 0.1 mm )
( Max. Cut Depth: 255.0000 mm )
( Min. Cut Depth: .0000 mm )
( 3rd Axis Safe Position: .0000 mm )
( Start Position: image center )
( Horizontal Axis Offset: 0 mm )
( Vertical Axis Offset: 0 mm )
( Engraving Angle: Left 45° )
( Metric Mode )
( X Axis Align = 0 )
( Y Axis Align = 0 )
G21
G1 X0.0 Y0.0
G1 F1400
(Begin Left Angle ) [/scode]
[scode lang="{language}"]…
( Metric Mode )
( X Axis Align = 0 )
( Y Axis Align = 0 )
G21
G1 X0.0 Y0.0 F1400
(Begin Left Angle )
M03
…{content}[/scode]

Edit: Hmmm, going to reload RC8 to test compared to this one and see if it’s smoother. Seems a littly jaggy still the longer it goes.

F1400 just barely stutters for me, I had to listen to the steppers to really hear it. Something like 1800 should be very obvious though.

But that is still very positive results so far, and I am still excited. I appreciate you looking into this, I am still packing boxes and unpacking the last vendor shipment.

I typically burn at 1200 so am reloading 1.1 and will use that speed. This file at 1200 on RC8 runs smooth, so best to test with what I do know.

Uploading now.

Still seems to have a slight bit of stutter to it at 1200 but it doesn’t correspond with the LCD refresh, moreso the longer burns getting turned off and on. I wonder if there’s another pin that might work better. I know I’ve had 2 RAMPS boards glitch out on me running a BLTouch off these servo pins; replaced those boards with a MKS Gen1.4 and have run flawlessly since.

Damn. Went back to RC8 as it’s smoother with the laser. I remapped the pins in RC8 as above and it continues to run well I have yet to use the router with this firmware but soon. Right now I’m lighting things up with the 6W to see how it handles. So far the driver board is warm but not over the top!

I am getting a little lost here.

You are using the same file and RC8 is working better for you? What speed and resolution is there a difference at?

And all of this is with the standard pin or your new one?

New Pin 6 in both versions, RC8 is smoother whereas RC1.1 has a slight slow down/speed up on the longer burns.

I’m using the same file to test the burn and running at 1200 just to keep that part consistent. The slowdown in 1.1 used to correspond with the LCD refresh on pin44 but now seems not to be directly related and less prominent but still there.

For you to get stuttering at 12oo it must be higher resolution, which is also just about maxing out the commands per second so the new firmware does have a slightly higher load so that could explain it. I think you are just maxing out the throughput.

I just re-read the I2Gcode post, are you saying I should increase the dot size to test the stutter? I can do more testing no problem after this burn finishes.

I increased the dot size to the average for my laser instead of the theoretical min, that decreases the amount of commands sent, which in turn increases the speed you can burn at.

Looks like that did the trick!

Currently running V1.1 with laser PWM fed from Pin6 (Servo) and no stuttering whatsoever!

[scode lang="{language}"]( PicEngrave Pro 5 - 3D Laser Gcode )
( Date/Time: 05-17-2017 at 13:50:28 )
( Image File: BB-King )
( Image size in mm: 107.41w x 161h )
( Pixel Resolution: 0.23 mm )
( Max. Cut Depth: 255.0000 mm )
( Min. Cut Depth: 10.0000 mm )
( 3rd Axis Safe Position: .0000 mm )
( Start Position: image center )
( Horizontal Axis Offset: 0 mm )
( Vertical Axis Offset: 0 mm )
( Engraving Angle: Left 45° )
( Metric Mode )
( X Axis Align = 0 )
( Y Axis Align = 0 )
G21
G1 X0.0 Y0.0
G1 F1200[/scode]

Sweet!

Flawless Victory! 3D-BB in Oak. Or maybe 2.5D-BB

[attachment file=33907]

1 Like

DAM!!! Looks great.

1 Like

Good stuff on the laser updates!

I’m also back on bugfix-1.1.x on my printer and the goofiness I was seeing a week ago seems to be gone now with the latest changes. Even got brave and gave UBL a try and starting to make some progress with mesh corrections as well.