New MPCNC for 2020! - Primo -

Dang, how did you do that so well without CAD? Slicer magic?

I hope the answer is a ruler. :slight_smile:

Slicer magic!
size

2 Likes

I am glad it was not a ruler, I would have felt so lazy!!!

1 Like

My calipers don’t get that big…

Primo Core Test.zip (6.5 KB)

What do you think. Print vase mode, no tops or bottoms. That allows you to slap a tape measure through the middle and check the diagonals. They should be equal and

208.87mm x 161.25mm

3 Likes

I print most of my calibration cubes in vase mode. Makes good small screw holders when I taking things apart.

2 Likes

I’m already printing a test vase. Has to have a bottom. No way it will stick without that.

Brim? Hard to measure accurately on the outside of it

1 Like

Diagonals on the bottom.

I think this is actually almost a necessity for a self printed Core. No amount of adjustments can compensate for a crooked print. And we all know almost zero people have ever checked anything beyond “does my axis move 10mm”.

I have a feeling we are going to discover that a majority of all printers have a wonky Perpendicularity on one or more axis.

It has rounded corners so there are no bulges or ringing from acceleration.

1 Like

Fancy! I just had prusaslicer make me a box…

1 Like

Wonder if it will have ringing? :joy:

My printer’s datasheet says 18x18x18cm. Should be fine. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Cant you just print a regular core with 0% infill?

1 Like

I don’t want to know :upside_down_face: my primo is working great so far. If I don’t lift the feet with a tool length measure to often I’ll be ok have done this 3 time in the last week and you cant get a flat bottom with 1 or 2 legs a different length

I don’t think so. Too many bridges with the bolt holes.

speed2
Doing better than I thought it would!

1 Like

Okay, I think with the tall flat walls that we need some infill.

The front is bowing in as well.

Actually, all four sides are bowing in.

1 Like

I restarted that print and about two hours in it failed again with a shift in the y axis. Shut it down and started looking for issues, turns out the heat sink on the driver for the y axis was barely attached. My guess is the driver overheated and shut down. Now to wait on some thermal paste.

2 Likes