New MPCNC for 2020! - Primo -

Meh I just purchased what I needed to build out my primo. I already had most of the hardware from the kit that’ll be released.

1 Like

Use button head screws and they should clear that.
Small price to pay for a stiffer Z.

Can you say what parts will be exactly the same between the 25.4mm and 23.5mm versions?
Might test a couple prints and if I could waste less filament that would be ideal :sweat_smile:

First time builder, I’m super excited for the full kits to be released.
Printed 4 feet so far

Jegs 1 inch pipe fit perfectly

Next step I think is cutting down the pipes. I’m thinking about using a DW611 instead of the 660 (since I need a palm router anyway), and I have read that you can use old tool designs mounts on the new system. How would that effect usable cutting area? I’m aiming for a 24"x24"x4" area if possible.

The nut traps, only.

2 Likes

Just wait. I am testing the mounts now. the makita seems to be a much better fit, by like 10-15mm. But I am not sure yet. Please wait before you spend money if you really prefer not to have the 660.

1 Like

Sure thing, I don’t mind waiting. which makita router would this be?

and I very much appreciate all the work you are putting into this, this is a really cool project.

1 Like

Not telling :grin: until I test it and look deeper. It should fit better but I swear I read reports of horrible run out. Need to look again.

3 Likes

Aww, nuts.

I hope not but for handheld use it would not matter like it does for a CNC

1 Like

The internal measure off the bearing is right also? thanks

Thanks bro you use the version off the mount 4 mm? or 6/32 ? thanks.

What infill % are people using for the core if using gyroid infill (in cura)? Even at like 55% it is almost solid and takes 2+ days to print on my ender 3…
I’ve been using gyroid for some of the other parts but I’m debating going with something else like cubic so it’s not so crazy.

Pretty sure I did 25% infill. Basically divide in half what your normal straight wall infill would be.

Yes, all the same as long you are using 608 bearings

thanks bro

First time builder as well going with the same size not done printing yet but keep checking for the kits constantly as well :rofl:.

Trying to stay busy by cleaning and organizing the garage lol

1 Like

Interesting. I never really thought about what “% infill” actually meant. I kind of assumed it was volumetric, but it does seem that some types of infill are more dense. I’ve been using cubic infill and I’ve used more than 1kg as I’m finishing up the last of the “A” parts.

Oh boy. I’m printing gyroid and kept the core at 70%. It said about 450 grams of filament. I hope that weight isn’t an issue since I use the already heavier Makita on my Burley and I’ll be stealing it for my Primo. We’ll see in about 24 more hours.

1 Like

I Did print 3 cores 2 at 70% Rectilinear and one at 55% Gyroid didn’t see a difference and save about 80g of filament.
But until we have any proof that less infill with Gyroid or any other infill pattern would stick with Ryan’s recommendation 70% infill