New MPCNC in Dubai

I must say, this was much easier than I had expected…extremely smooth build. The only time something didnt work was when I didnt read / follow instructions…

Build area was intended to be 450x by 650y but I must have put the pipe in the dimensions tool the other way, so I’m losing about 3cm on the Y for the time being…will have to swap a few things around to get that back…but no biggie. Using a Makita - mainly for the lower RPM options, but I do like their tools overall.

First cuts went surprisingly well, decided on a 60 degree vee…first a Tri-Force, then a sign for a friend, and finally my company logo…smooth, accurate, dusty as F. Gonna build myself a dust shoe tomorrow :slight_smile:

My plans for this will be largely around guitars - templates, body carves, engravings, inlays, etc…and maybe pick up some side projects / jobs.

Overall - super pleased with the results and thankful for Ryan and everyone that make these things possible.

15 Likes

Very nice! Look forward to seeing some guitar stuff in the future.

2 Likes

Wow. That is some very accurate Z for a brand new machine. Nice work.

1 Like

I’ll be interested in how it handles the heat. I’m guessing that’s your garage. I flew through Dubai last year, didn’t leave the airport though. Was raining, so didn’t get a good look at the Burj.

It’s in a room with AC attached to the garage, so heat shouldn’t be an issue.

1 Like