New MPCNC in Luxembourg

Hello CNC enthusiasts
My name is Pascal and I am a carpenter, I live in Luxembourg City. (in Luxembourg, Europe)

I have always found CNC machines and what you can do with them very interesting. An acceptable size was true but always too expensive for me and I didn’t dare to build it myself.
Bite I discovered the MPCNC. The more I think about this little miracle of
I wanted to build the MPCNC myself.

Data sheet
Tubes: 25mm V2A steel
Working area X: 600mm
Working area Y: 1100mm
Working area Z: 150mm
Base plate: 950mm x 1450mm multiplex
Milling motor: Kress 900 watts
Control: Estlcam with Arduino CNC Shield

The parts of the MPCNC
I make the 3D printed parts with an Ender3 made of PLA in the colors black, yellow, orange.
With a 0.4 nozzle with 0.2 layer height and an infill of 70%.

As tubes I wanted to use 25mm aluminum tubes, but I will not use them next to them because I was advised against them here in the forum.
Now I have ordered 25mm stainless steel tubes.

the control
I have the greatest respect for this part of the project.
I chose Estlcam with Arduino CNC Shield. Fortunately, everything worked during the first drying test (still without a machine;))

The motor
As a milling motor I use an almost 20 year old router motor from Kress “Kress FM 6990 E” with 900 watts.
Back then I got it from my father as my first router.

All the important parts are currently printed, unfortunately I’m still waiting for the delivery of the necessary ball bearings to continue building.

Sincerely, Pascal

8 Likes

So close!

When the ball bearings arrived I could finally continue building.

I also prepared the legs so far, screwed them together and glued them together. But still without pipes because the stainless steel pipes have not yet arrived.

I assembled the cars and the middle section with the screws and the ball bearings.
But since I did not find this long screw for the middle part directly in the trade, I took a threaded rod with a lock nut on both sides.

The middle part looks a bit like modern art :slight_smile:

Now I still need the stainless steel pipes that can continue with the MPCNC.

Sincerely, Pascal

3 Likes

I have already finished the multiplex baseplate.
I made it from 21mm birch multiplex with the dimensions 950mm x 1450mm.

In order to get a better consistency, I attached an 80mm high frame under the plate and provided it with additional struts.
Everything again in the 21mm multiplex. The whole was fastened with glue, screws and slats.
That should hold :wink:

So I get a stable base plate, on which I can later attach the table legs.
The is important as the MPCNC still not an its laterem location is be be better transportiren can.

I have also than all lateere place to position the baseplate, to get as the MPCNC later dimensioned.

The iron bars have finally arrived, tomorrow I will start cutting the bars.

It goes ahead :slight_smile:

Sincerely, Pascal

4 Likes

Hi Pascal, I also live in Luxembourg :slight_smile: , did u finish your build? how did it go?