New Primo Build in PDX

Been keeping on eye on the MPCNC and finally found room in the garage.

I’ve been waiting for the Rambo 1.4 board to come in stock and eventually just decided to build the frame and settle on the electronics when it comes back in stock.

Primo build w/ stainless rails:

The process was long and this weekend was really hot (but luckily i just installed an old portable a/c in garage that kept the temp below 80)

Had a few issues getting alignment on my holes in the z axis and then subsequently seating the inserts. Other than that it went well.

Now i just need to determine how im going to cable manage & wire everything up. (i’m up for recommendations!

also, the DW660 mount puts the cord in bad spot making it hard to lower all the way. I saw some different mounts for the burly but not for the primo.

I’m excited to get this this moving on its own!

5 Likes

You can check out what I’m doing in my thread I’m not a professional but I just got mine drawings pictures last night. I think my wire management is going to look really good

If all goes well I should have the wire management complete or close to it by the end of the up coming weekend.

Nice build!

You can rotate the cord, 90- degrees by taking the 4 screws off and carefully twisting.
https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/33165-dewalt-660-mount-for-the-mpcnc-primo

That worked swimmingly. Thanks!

1 Like

I like it, I need to get a box for the Rambo when it comes back in stock

1 Like