Here’s the chain of events:
- Bought this laser from Amazon.
- Downloaded LaserGRBL and connected to my setup. Arduino Uno + CNC shield v3 + Grbl 0.9
- Made the physical hookups.
A) share CNC shield ground and power from 12V power supply with laser board. Hook up TTL pin to Z +.
- Discover there is no laser mode on GRBL and flashed to 1.1. Set spindle max to 255 and enables the S32 command.
- Turn power on at the laser board. Try to turn on through software. No love.
- do some reading and find something that says use spindle enable pin for pwm. Plug that in. Power on laser, bam blue light full power even on focus mode. Run a program, laser stays on the whole time. I think it stays on even if I pull the pwm wire and leave it disconnected.
Any ideas on how I can get PWN control over this thing?