North Texas meetup Sunday Dec 15?

Would any other fellow North Texan CNC enthusiasts be interested in a meetup happy hour? I was thinking in the Plano area near Bush and 75 but I haven’t picked out a specific place. Around 5:00 to 6:00 this Sunday.

I looked through the forums and I found kd2018 evilvillain niget2002 rogerstigers telanoc claytonisbob tricid wayneivan megadad3d and jeffware are specifically in North Texas/DFW area. I can’t spam all of them (probably a good thing).

I’ll post a specific location and I’ll be there and whoever feels like joining can come by.

I checked flights…nothing nonstop or under $500, Would have been fun though!

2 Likes

This is an awesome idea. And wow I didn’t know there were that many of us. I can’t make any promises with the way my schedule is until after the holidays beyond ‘I’ll try my best’. Plano is close though. I’m just outside of Sherman.

If I were any more sure I could make it I’d start insisting we pitch in on getting Ryan a ticket :stuck_out_tongue:

If I miss this one we should try again after the new year! I should know more as the week progresses but nothing definite until Friday probably.

Best part of why I might not be able to make it: while rebuilding my machines, jobs have been piling up. I might have to run them both non stop this weekend to catch back up haha. I have a lot of things coming due this month, some next week.

I can try to make it. Sundays are usually bad for me as we’re busy preparing for the week ahead. It’s also the silly season, so we have stuff going on almost every night between work and kids’ school functions.

I work in Las Colinas and live near Josephine, so I’m pretty familiar with the area you’re talking about. I also used to live in Carrollton off of Old Denton road.

That’s the perfect term.

Holidays + Caucuses (I’m in Iowa) + Show Choir season (both kids, at least he can drive himself this year) It’s pretty damned silly.

Come on Ryan. Its only 20 hours from Cali. I have drove that so many times. A bottle of nodose and a case of Mountain Dew Brother!. Thats how i use to get form cali to boston in 72 hours. :smiley:

After 8 hours I start to go a little crazy…This animal ain’t meant to be in no cage!

1 Like

Buy a Harley

1 Like

No, don’t. There is a dealership near my house. They are very good at turning fuel into noise.

1 Like

I’m on my third. :stuck_out_tongue:

There is a through street behind my house and we’re close to an intersection. They always take off full throttle to get to 25mph and scare my kids.

1 Like

That’s not the Harley’s fault. My last bike had the short, fairly open, pipes. It could be rather quiet when I wanted it to be. Although, my neighbor did tell me that my bike was his final wake-up alarm each morning.

Okay let’s make it the Fillmore Pub:
The Fillmore Pub
1004 E 15th St, Plano, TX

I’ll be with my wife and kid so no worries if nobody can make it. From 5pm to 6pm tomorrow (Sunday).

1 Like

I love Plano. I love that part of Texas.

And I see this on the 16th??? Plano is in my backyard… I would have dropped by. Anyone make it out?

It was just me (and family). I didn’t realize until I got there that there was a Cowboys game at the same time. Not sure if that made a difference. We’ll have to do it again, maybe in late January, and I’ll tag people so they get notified.