[Not entirely] new build in Tampa

Hi everyone! I actually got my MPCNC running a couple months ago, but I hadn’t gotten around to managing cables so I didn’t post pics at that time. I finally got around to finishing cable management and installing the drag chains … so here she is in all her glory!

I’ve already produced a few items with it… A BBQ sign for the competition my brother and I participated in, an edge-lit acrylic Tampa Bay Lightning sign, and I’ve also engraved a couple address plaques for my gf’s company. Still very new to CNCing, but definitely enjoying the learning process. I need to surface the spoilboard yet because there are definitely some uneven spots. Maybe this weekend.

A HUGE shoutout and thanks to Ryan and the MPCNC community! Every plastic piece on here (except the Z-Axis drag chain mount) was downloaded and printed from Thingiverse.

4 Likes

That’s a nice build and a nice shop.

1 Like

Still waiting for my 3lb brisket/month users fee…

Welcome to the crew, glad to here it is already being put to good use AND you are still having fun!

1 Like

That’s the latest startup business model:

HABS: Hardware As a Brisket Service.

It benefits from high employee retention, but has low productivity after lunch.

6 Likes

Very neat and clean build. thanks for the pics.

1 Like

Looks good. What’s the footprint on that machine? Good to see there is someone else from the Tampa area here. I’m about 30 miles north of Tampa, but still good to see. I just ordered my parts so I’m just waiting and making a dedicated space in my garage for the machine.

1 Like

Remind me to invest in a Wet-Naps distributor in the area…

2 Likes

Sorry didn’t see this until now. The machine is 48 x 48 for a working area of 36 x 36. Any progress on you machine ?? I’m actually in Riverview. Sounds like you live somewhere in Pasco county.

Yes, I’m in Pasco. I’ve just finished building the table and I’m now working on putting together the printed parts. Currently stuck on figuring out which dual plates go on which roller plate. I’m sure I’ll figure that out in about 10 minutes and then I’ll go on to the next step. Luckily I have off tomorrow (MLK) so I’ll probably be in the garage all day working on this.