Odd Gcode result in Repetier Host

I’ve done these types of lettering a lot over the past few years but this is the first time I’ve ever seen this sort of issue.

Here’s my lettering in EstlCAM:

But when I open the Gcode in Repetier Host I get this as a result:

The other cuts I am making for its project open just fine, so I’m a bit baffled why this one is opening like this. Should I just trust that it’s correct? Seems like a stretch to me.

As you can see, other files (still .gdoce) from the same project work just fine.

Even if I tried to run this file Repetier-Host throws an error and basically crashes. Still not sure what’s going on here or how to fix it.

@spencerjw I’ve seen a few people have this issue on the forum and it was due to bug in the latest version of RH. They ended up rolling back to a previous version and it solved the problem.

Here’s a link to one of @jeffeb3 replies.

Thank you, I’ll give 2.2.2 a try (was on 2.2.4)

1 Like

Well, it seemed to have fixed part of the problem. It looked like it was going to work properly because the paths all looked good.

But in reality, it still seems to have some major problems. Note the large circles that are not supposed to be there or the cross-cross pattern over the e in “the” caused by smaller circles that again, aren’t supposed to be there.

Something is really wrong…

I finally just had to kill the job.

As a temporary workaround, did/can you disable Arc G2/G3 in Estlcam?

Noticed @jeffeb3 recently reached out to Repetier folks, referencing this topic…

1 Like

I can, giving that a try now. I also downgraded to 2.1.6. If it’s still not working I guess I’ll have to make a Home Depot run because this is my last piece of 1/4" MDF.

Well, not sure if it was 2.1.6 that fixed the problem or the arc commands but so far, so good. It’s about 50% done with no erroneous circles. fingers-crossed

Can you also try to view the gcode you ran in ncviewer.com?

The original gcode, with the arcs.

IDK how you noticed that. I just opened that discussion.

Or as ryan prefers, sd card