Off the Shelf Table Plans

Hello!

After building a much loved MPCNC, I’ve decided to build a lowrider.

Does anyone know of a good lowrider suitable mobile workbench kit (4’ x 8’) I could buy or a good set of plans for working with sheets of standard dimensions from big box home improvement stores? My current limitation is that I don’t have a table saw or current work bench to build a new work bench easily/properly.

1 Like

Couldn’t you get a couple card tables and place a sheet of play wood on top?

My current work bench was built from 2x6 with a sheet of ply wood on top.

Build a 4x8 square of 2x6. Add a 2x6 support beam every 12 inches.

Legs. 2x6 x36 inches. Line two up to make a corner leg.

Screw the legs into the corners of the frame. Att a sheet of plywood. Screw that down.

When I was debating between the MPCNC and the LR2 I was also looking at table designs. I like the idea of using some iron square bar or something similar and attaching that to a table as the runners for the LR2 to run along. Something hefty, stable and STRAIGHT. But since I went with the MPCNC first I didn’t get very far with the plans beyond images in my head.

Check out the local Habitat for Humanity Restore. There are often hollow core doors that can work for tables. You might even be able to find a larger size or use a couple and connect them.

This might give you some inspiration. Could be done with a plain circular saw but better with a track saw.

1 Like

I built my paulk style table with a track saw and table saw.

3 Likes