Off we go

Many thanks to Ryan and all those on the forum - you all are a wealth of knowledge.

Here is my first pieces of work that actually became someone else’s possession. The stuff I had done thus far I kept to myself or the burn pile.

[attachment file=88597]

What a great machine design!

3 Likes

I gotta ask, is “dediction” a scouts thing? I’m hoping it’s not a typo!

Oh, I hope that’s not a typo. And here I was going to make a joke about how they were upside down.

Deek,

Spelling or upside down aside, let me say… very nice work! Great job on getting the clarity on the different size fonts.

Great job!

1 Like

OH CRAP!!! I even had a proof reader, since engineers are never good spellers.

Either they didn’t notice or didn’t have the heart to tell me.

I think there is a Cub Scouts Motto - “Do Your Best”

Pictures upload rotated but clicking on them are normal, beats me!

Was your proof-reader related to you? :slight_smile:

Otherwise, those do look very nice!

Quick make a “spelling” merit badge out of wood. Keep in in the shop until someone calls it in. Then give them the badge. “It was a test!”

5 Likes

Oh, that is a really good idea!

Still not a good speller, so I boosted my confidence toady by making a little box out of a scrap cedar 2x4 leftover from a fence I built like a decade ago!

[attachment file=94280]
[attachment file=94281]

Ok, I had to also making something with the boy. At least Ninja’s Go’n I can spell.

[attachment file=94282]

Fun meter is pegged today!

1 Like

Still not a good speller, so I boosted my confidence toady by making a little box out of a scrap cedar 2x4 leftover from a fence I built like a decade ago!

[attachment file=94285]
[attachment file=94286]

Ok, I had to also making something with the boy. At least Ninja’s Go’n I can spell.

[attachment file=94287]

Fun meter is pegged today!

2 Likes

Amazing detail on those awards - they look great!

Fantastic job, if you ask me

Yard work has trumped MPCNC projects recently - until this afternoon. The rain forced us in so…let’s make a sword!

[attachment file=102327]

2 Likes

It’s dangerous to go alone! Take this.

2 Likes

Gave it a go at a larger sign I have been meaning to do all summer. Life distractions kept me outside.

Slightly disappointed that I didn’t take into account how far out the carve went for the “608” and border with the V bit I used. Love the learning the MPCNC is giving me. But hey, still fun to make my own house warming gift for a good friend of mine.

[attachment file=108881]

(I think I spelled everything correctly this time, Aaron! hahahah)

1 Like

I honestly didn’t even notice the mistake. Don’t bother pointing it out. It looks great.

Thanks! It’s now a reminder to future self!

It’s just a snapshot… The plane is actually moving fast enough to pull the rest of the lettering a little bit forward.

Doppler effect on fonts, brilliant!

They look great, how have you done your masking and painting it looks nice and crisp.