One more Project done! Tie Rack

Hi everyone,
I finished my side of the closet over the weekend and found out I did not have any place for my Ties.
I looked online and found couple of ideas that if mixed together would work well in my closet.
So I use fusion 360 to design the Tie Rack, use Maple for the main part and my local Hardware store had some dark wood rod that I cut and use espresso stain to make it darker and here is the resolt, hope you like it.

Thank you for looking.

Gustavo

20 Likes

That looks really nice. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Very nice!
But
A tie rack, a tie rack.
I don’t even own A tie let alone enough that would necessitate an entire rack, what am I gonna do with a tie rack.
(Hat tip to Wayne and the psycho hose beast)

1 Like

That is classy!
You should offer that on etsy with custom monogram. Great work.

3 Likes

LOL :rofl: :joy: That is funny !! I have couple friends that said the same thing!
Bud I used to wear tie at list twice a week before the Audio Visual industry shut down because of the the virus and in the new closet I had no place for then… so I had the time to make something…

1 Like

Thank you!!
My wife said the same thing and I think I will do it… I just need to figure out the cost…

1 Like

Wow nice job.

The finished product by itself looked good. But wow, with all of your ties and accessories it looks amazing.

1 Like

Looks awesome, there’s certainly a market for this. Just make sure you don’t under value your time, you don’t want to be working for a pittance. If you end up making a few, for those recesses in the top I’d consider cutting a template with your CNC and hogging out that material manually with a regular router, it will save you a huge amount of time.

1 Like