one stepper not homing

I have been away from my mpcnc for a while just now getting the endstops set up. all motors turn i have cut parts from foam and plotting stuff.

the problem is when i home the y axis one motor will not turn negative. x will home z will home but one of the 2 y will not.

the motor in question will do everything i ask of it but home so the y is put in a bind by to other motor. there is power on it when homed just won’t move not even skipping.

off to work thanks for y’alls help

I had pulled out a pin in the endstop connector on one wire. When I put it back in I put it in the wrong slot of the three. It caused a similar fault. Double check all your wire pairs and connectors and any splices and positions of the terminations to make sure that all are in the right spot.

What do you get when you put in M119?

1 Like

That makes sense I was working in my drag chain this morning and that end stop runs through there I bet it shorted and made a closed state I will Chek it when I get home thank you for your time and thoughts on my machine edog1

that was it very cool, homing is done. thanks for your help Marion. and i keep forgetting m119 very useful

1 Like

I’m still having problems after checking all connections. Any other ideas? It moves fine with controller one just won’t move when I home it.

Assuming you are running standard firmware, the switches are expected to be normally closed and to open when an end stop position is reached. If a motor is not running (or just moves slightly in the wrong direction), then the control board is sensing an open circuit for that switch. If you have a M/M dupont connector, you can verify this is the problem by jumpering the pins for that switch on the control board. Note you should be jumpering between ground and a signal pin, not between ground and a power pin. You can also jumper any available connections between the control board and the switch to find out where the break is occurring. You can also verify the switch is operating correctly using a multi-meter.

I suggest opening your own topic so we can collect information about your build and your issues.