Opposite cut direction on toolpath?

So I am trying to cut my waste board to be level with the CNC. It is cutting along the x axis and I’d prefer it to cut along the y axis. I have chosen a pocket cut at a cut depth of 0.75mm. When I run it through the preview it runs along the x axis and I’d prefer it to go the other direction. Also my mill bit is 1" wide and I have set the tool at 25.4mm and the cut path on the preview is way small and close to together.

Any thoughts?

I thought there was an angle variable on the toolpath. There is also a pocket strategy.

I also have a surfacing operation in my test pattern generator. https://vector76.github.io/gcode_tpgen/

It also cuts in only one direction instead of traversing back and forth, which can mean a more consistent load on the tool. It won’t go diagonally, but it will go N, S, E, or W.

1 Like

Sorry guys still very new to CAM… Not much of this makes since to me. Jamie are you saying the generator you have will do a toolpath n s e and w? or you’re saying Estlcam will do that? Jeff I found a feature in estlcam that will do a circle toolpath round the surface but not one that will do the opposite axis.

My toolpath generator you can pick which direction. And it will lift the tool between cutting strokes so it cuts in one direction only. Estlcam doesn’t have this control as far as I’m aware.

LMAO!!! Jamie that is the last thing I need right now it to have to learn more CAM!!! You’re killing me!!! :joy: