PID -Hardware needed for a software fix

Search for the videos of router crashes and fires. One minute is waaaaaay too long. Flames are visible within seconds.

Hereā€™s another way I think about it:

4 Likes

I do understand what you guys are saying, it doesnā€™t add anything if it doesnā€™t make the system at least marginally safer. But you can go too far. I once spent a week on the roof of a NY hanger in the middle of winter because their heater was going into burner lockout 5 times a day and left thie hanger at almost freezing temps (luckily they had a second one that kept it from freezing and destroying millions in equipment) because the uv scanner was to sensitive and was reading that the pilot went out even when It wasnā€™t. There has to be a balance when it comes to safeties otherwise they become worthless. I understand now that a minute is too long. I will keep thinking about it and maybe come up with something better :slight_smile:

Finally getting around to this. Took way too long to order stuff, and too long after that to even unbox it. But hey, here I amā€¦

4 Likes

i knew i should have pulled the trigger on ryans board when i was buying parts a few months ago :frowning: @Atom have you had any luck with the banggood board? or @vicious1 can you make a pcb design and BOM available for those of us who still want what the board was offering?

You should be able to buy the board from the link in the first post, https://easyeda.com/allted/pid-va, a few dollars for 10 of them.

I just checked, follow the link, open in editor, click ā€œfileā€, generate pcb fabrication, ā€œnoā€ gerber, and buy.
$5 for 10 plus shipping.

1 Like

i feel like such a n00b right now, i followed the link, opened the editor, and when i click file it doesnā€™t have generate pcb fabricationā€¦

if i were to order them i wouldnā€™t have the need for more than one, i could send the extra boards to anyone else interested. continental US only (unless you are willing to pay shipping)

1 Like

Maybe you have to log in?

If you want to sell them please remove the logoā€™s so no one gets in trouble.

1 Like

no i meant i would give them away, thatā€™s cheap enough that iā€™m not really losing anything there

ā€¦unless iā€™m assuming incorrectly and itā€™s $5 a pop

but i can still have your logo removed if you wish for whatever reason, it is your logo after all

i think what happened was i clicked the wrong open in editor button

If you want to post a link or ask for PMā€™s in the forums you can leave them as is. If you go anywhere else with them it is best to remove the logoā€™s.

I think a few people in this thread might want one though, probably ship them with just a stamp even.

ok i did place an order for those, in blue anyone interested PM me and we can work something out, iā€™ll probably hold onto 2, so 8 are available.

1 Like

which of the pwm dimmers have you dubbed the best choice here? the board from tindie seems to no longer be for sale, and it looks like they have replaced it with a 2A tolerant version which wouldnā€™t work, if i find a similar one how likely is it to be compatible with your code?

@vicious1, I am guessing your PWM dimmer board will work with pretty much any common router motor, correct? How about a Bosch Colt 1hp?

Not that I really need this as the Colt seems to hold RPM well on itā€™s own, but why not.

The dimmers are in my shop still I just canā€™t sell those boards.

I have not, Iā€™m still working on finishing my mpcnc and will be working on this shortly after I finish. That said it sounds like you have a plan. Good luck let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

failing to look in the obvious place is my superpower