Pins-Config Mini Rambo

Hi Guys,
Dumb down time again, I bit the bullet and ordered my laser and after reading all the posts I decided to map the x or y min pin for PWM. So off I went to git hub and downloaded the Rambo mini firmware and then spent the next two days trying to find pins config_h with Arduino software. Well I must be as thick as two short planks because I still am none the wiser how to remap the pins and I can not find the pin_config could some one please point me in the right direction ? Not real bright but my Low rider is working and I do not wish to stuff it up. Cheers Guys from the Little Aussie

1 Like

It is the pins_MINIRAMBO.h in Marlin/src/pins/rambo/

1 Like

Thanks Jeff,
I know you must get tired of people asking the same questions all the time, but as I am so far away I would rather be in the not so bright class than wreck my little machine. Who knows one day I might even learn how this all works Cheers again the little Aussie

Nope. This is a reasonable question and an easy thing to fix. Asking for directions to a piece of software qualifies you as far from dumb.

1 Like

Heffe you have words as smooth as butter!

1 Like

Jeff I found the files and sure enough they where right in front of me. I am still a little perplexed though. I can only open the files with pluma (text Editor) they do not appear in Arduino does this mean that when I flash the firmware the config.h and config.adv see the modifications I have applied. Like I said this is a whole new world to me and I am terrified of making a mistake (Her indoors would kill me if told her I broke it). Still hasn’t forgiven me for all the hours of printing all hours of the night. Lastly would you know if this goes south would Ryan configure a rambo mini and and how much he would charge. I use Z min for touch plate. Thanks again for your patience you all do a great job
Cheers the little Aussie

It can be confusing, because there are sometimes multiple copies of each file too. If you want to be absolutely sure it is being used in compilation, then add some junk to the file and see if it compiles. something like:

the code right here is being compiled

You should see an error message pointing to that line when you compile. I don’t use arduino to edit my code (there is a checkmark in the preferences that is a good idea to check when you use an external editor). But I do use it to compile the code.

It is really hard to break it with software or firmware. You can break the electronics by shorting it or shocking it, but the software is 100% reversible.

The SHOP has mini rambos, and he flashes them with one of his preconfigured softwares. If you needed something custom, you’d be best emailing Ryan directly, and be specific about what you want. The trouble is, shipping to AUS is not cheap like it is to here in Colorado.

1 Like

Thanks Jeff
It is good to get some direction I am probably the only one in Tasmania with a lowrider and information is hard to come by. I will see how I go before I bother Ryan as I know he is inundated with requests and questions. Once again thanks for your help
Cheers the little Aussie

Jeff
Back again the laser finally arrived and I have remapped the fan to X min because I use Z min for touch plate, My next question is do I connect to to Positive and negative or do I use the signal and negative, or worst case do I use all three?? Hope you can help and if I have not said it before you guys are great people. On a completely different note has any one designed a cable holder for the low rider and a laser, I have already made the mount and fitted it but I am concerned how to keep the wires out of harms way. anyway cheers and once again thanks heaps. P.S. Could not help myself and fired up the laser and set fire to a rag I had on a bench. naughty naughty. Cheers wayne

1 Like

Signal and negative.

Fire Fire!:fire::fire_extinguisher:

1 Like

Thanks Ryan,
We learn by our mistakes I hope ???
Cheers Wayne

No way lasers are too fun…there are too many mistakes to make. Just make sure the safety glasses are on and everything will be okay.

Hi Ryan,
As stated before I know the laser works because I set fire to the rag, I am still not sure I have it right. Could you tell me if someone has connected one of the Bangood 5 watt blue light laser to a rambo mini and how they connected it. I read the article by the gentlemen that posted a picture stating he loved NC city and stated he would rather be lucky . but he appeared to only use two wires straight to the fan. I could not find any follow up to see if he achieved proper PWM/TTL. I am not having a shot at anyone but the Rambo mini is different to the Ramps boards so supplying information on the Ramps connections is not helpful for some of us who are already in over our head. I apologize in advance if I upset any one with that statement but a step by step on pin mapping, PWM/TTL and each boards differences would be really great.
Cheers and thanks for your help

It changes based on the laser, and they aren’t even very self consistent.

You need to know, does it need 12V or 5V to control the intensity.

If it is 12V, then the fan port will work.

If it is 5V, then you need to change the firmware to change the fan port to another pin, and connect that pin to the control wire.

What wires do you have? Do you have a link to the laser?

1 Like

Jeff Its the same laser capo purchase three wires ± which i connected the same way capo did best I can figure is I need to wire both sets of wires a power source ( which turns the power on if not connected to anything I know this thats how I started the Fire) and then the two wires to 5 volt TTl/PWM X min to give me the signal and control. I have changed the firmware to use the x min but not game to plug it in. I may have to just run with Capo’s set up.

This is all I could find Jeff
Specifications:

General Specification
Model LA03-5000
Heatsink Material Aircraft Aluminum + Brass Shell
Luminous Color Blue
Section Size 33mm x 33mm
Cooling Mode Heat Sink Groove, Cooling Fan
Dimension 85 * 33 * 33mm
Adapter Plug US Plug
Adapter Input Voltage AC 100-240V
Adapter Output Voltage DC 12V 5A
Can Engrave MDF/Balsa/Paper/Wood/Fabric/Plastic/Leather/Plywood/Foam Paper/Anodized Aluminum
Can Not Engrave Metal/Glass/Stone/Ceramics/PCB/Stainless Steel/Reflective Material/ Transparent Material
Technical Parameters
Laser Power 5W (5000mW)
Wavelength 445-450nm
Beam Shape Dot (Focusable)
Working Voltage DC 12V
TTL&PWM Modulation YES, Compatible with Both TTL & PWM Modulation
Input Voltage DC12V (+,-, PWM/TTL) + DC5V (PWM/TTL,-)
Input Interface XH2.54-3P (+,-, PWM/TTL) + XH2.54-2P (PWM/TTL,-)
Drive Mode External ACC
Life Time >10,000 hours

There are three wires? I am guessing there is at least a power and ground and a control wire. If you connect the control wire to 12V, that would be 100% power. If you connect the control wire to the xmin (s) pin, and you have made that the fan pin in firmware, then you should be all set. It looks like it also would have worked with the fan pin, in the original firmware, at 12V. But it is definitely 5V PWM compatible, if you can trust that spec.

Thanks Jeff
I am thinking along the same lines, just was not sure about connecting the third wire to 12V, and if I connect the third wire to the xmin (s) pin where the earth would come from. I guess I will have to flip a coin and see what happens. It does work if I only connect ± to the fan but I am not sure about the power out put. The fan icon on the LCD says 100% but that is no indication of what is being output at the laser. Once again thanks for all your help I do appreciate it.
Cheers Wayne

Thanks Jeff one laser one cnc sometimes the sun does shine. You are the man and Ryan

2 Likes