Pipe/Tube Size

I am about to build the ZenXY V2, but I cannot seem to find where the pipe sizes are listed. It says there is a larger and smaller OD pipe required, but does not specify the actual dimensions. Maybe I am completely missing it, but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great!

1 Like

They are EMT tubing, the smaller is 1/2" and the larger is 3/4". Those are standardish sizes in the US and measured on the inside diameter. The outside diameter of the 3/4" is 23.5mm or so.

2 Likes

Hi there, I have a close question, I can’t find in France any pipe the same US size unless I order from china.
Could it be possible to user different pipe size like 20mm and 25mm (outer size) using the current zenxy design ?

2 Likes

Good question for @vicious1

2 Likes

Do you have a chart of EMT sizes for your region? That would help me get this right the first time.

Something like this.

My issue is that we don’t use EMT, but pvc pipe’s for electricity, so that’s doesn’t help me :smiley:

I know it’s been stated in the forums before, but pipe is specified by interior diameter and wall thickness (since it’s about the fluid or gas being carried inside), while structural tubing is specified by outer diameter and wall thickness (since it’s about what weight it can support and the external dimension controls attachments that clamp to the tube).

To match the specified V1 sizes, if you can’t match the EMT sizes, you should be asking for tubing rather than pipe.

2 Likes

I didn’t thought of it that way, I was focused on the outer diameter.
I will dig a little more to see what’s possible here.

Thank you !

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like