Please tell me how you run your Dewalt router mind keeps dying

I would like to know how you guys run your routers do labs them on low or do you run them at a higher rpm ?
I have been running mine at a low rpm and they keep dying the brushes went out on two not sure about the others. Any help would be appreciated.

How many hours of operation are you talking? The brushes are meant to wear down, and you can get replacements.

I honestly didn’t run mine enough times to wear mine out, but I am not running a sign shop or anything, just a weekend warrior.

I run it after work and on my day off it runs for quite a few hours to do a detailed cut like that lineman one I posted usually no more than 12 hours at time the last one went out in a week and a half none of them have been run hard. Which is why I was wondering how other people ran there’s if I’m running it to slow or I need to put more of a load on it I don’t remove enough material at a time to bog it down at all or even change its running speed I am usually doing fine 3d stuff so am removing small bits over a long time to get a really smooth fine finish

12 hours is a long one! You may just be wearing out the brushes on them working for that long. A week seems short, but I doubt any brushes would last a year running it for that much per day.

But maybe some of the heavier users will comment.

I can’t be the only one doing large 3d cuts that is why I wonder if I amnot taking enough off per pass because there is almost no load on the router when it is running I wonder if it would be better if it had a large load on it. Do you cut in both directions or just one ?

I don’t do 3D carvings. I cut in all directions.

Most consumer grade tools use a fan mounted on the common shaft to cool the machine. Running at reduced Rpm also reduces cooling air through the tool. I’ve seen other sites (like for the SuperPID) suggest adding supplemental cooling fans to keep the router from overheating.

Ok I will try that and see if it helps I have not noticed any heat at all but could be hot on the inside I guess