Plotter Files. Plot sharing site

Maks Surguy, who is a javascript wizard and plotter enthusiast, created a new website to share SVGs for plotting. They generally scale well, and there are a lot of great contributions already.

I can post files from sandify up there. To get gcode out of these svgs, you can open it in estlcam, but many of these are so complicated, that might be a pain. I know there is an inkscape plugin for axidraw. Maybe that can be used to create gcode.

I want to have svg import into sandify, but svgs can be so complicated, I’m not sure how to support it.

4 Likes

Nice site. Downloaded some guy’s SVG to just test it out…

Lightburn used here. Inkscape will do it too… I used the JTech plugin before LB.

– David

2 Likes

That’s great! The videos are mesmerizing. I had the same feeling when I plotted it with my marker on the low rider.

I need to try lightburn.

1 Like

Yep! It’s primarily for laser, of course, but what I like about it is that it has an Inkscape “feel” about it and you use layers to define as many different “cuts” as you need… raster image, vector engrave/cut, fill, fill + line, cross-hatch, etc. And the layers and cuts are then prioritized and output to a single gcode file; i.e. the vector engraving and profile/outline cuts in your image above are run from one output file.

1 Like