Power interrupt? To reset 0,0,0

Is there any reason why I shouldn’t install a power interrupt switch (SPST toggle perhaps) on either the red or white wire going into the board from the power supply to make it easier to reset the origin vs unplugging and plugging back in? Or using a switched power bar I guess.

Nope, you can do that.

Or you can insert G92 X0 Y0 Z0 into your starting Gcode box in your CAM program.

That seems like a better way. The gcode way. I think I saw in Estlcam where to add that. I’m not a big fan of power cycling “unnecessarily”.

People tend to not get confused at what power cycling does. Eventually they ask or figure out “a better way”.

Sorry typing it out sounds like a harsh lesson of doing things my way. Sorry for the confusion.

Not harsh at all. Sometimes I feel like I should wait a week before I ask things because I feel like if I just wait I’ll trip across the answer myself. But the gcode tip is bittersweet to me…I like switches. I think it’s from watching too much James Bond, Night Rider and Airwolf as a kid.

And there you have it. I’ve officially dated myself ; )

For the record I tried rewatching Airwolf about 8 years ago and it’s a pretty not good show…hahaha

Shhhhh, don’t forget Alf and The Dukes of Hazzard.

There are plenty of things you can make use of a nice control panel with.

Sheesh, you kids… Leave it to Beaver and I Love Lucy, with the Red Skelton show for laughs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heh, I remember friday nights The Incredible Hule, then Wonder Woman came on, or maybe the other way around…