Power supply for lowrider needle cutter?

So I’m wrapping up my needle cutter for my Lowrider and am wondering about power supply for the cutter motor (not the lowrider itself).
My head was thinking of just using a 3s lipo but then realized it would probably not last the entire cut?

The Erc Timsav I think uses power from the board.
I’m wondering if I could pull power from the mini rambo board. Maybe from the bed heater out?.

Or…would I need to get a seperate power supply like this.
https://www.amazon.com/Converter-10…ywords=12v+power+supply&qid=1625330658&sr=8-5

I’m thinking maybe I could make an adapter from the barrel plug to an xt60 that matches the esc I have for the motor?

What other low cost options are there?

I just used a non-descript brushless speed controller hooked up to the 12v supply for the controller board. I never bothered checking on the needle motor current draw until now but I knew it wouldn’t be much as the 2208 motor only runs just above the ‘idle’ setting or else it just throws the needle off. The motor takes 10watts at 6800rpm…so less than an amp at 12v

I would have thought any half decent lipo would suffice if you wanted to go down that route.

Thanks @dart1280 . Do you have a photo of your set up? I have the ESC - 20amp. It’s the power supply I’m wondering about. I have a 2200 3s I can try too.

The X carriage runs on 20mm aluminium tube, the Y axis runs on inverted v section ali strip. I use a ESP32 devkit module for the controller running grbl_esp32. I’m not sure of the esc as it lost its heatshrink cover yonks ago but around 10amps seems about right. My 12V supply has a multi function display on its output so I can measure the wattage taken from it and as I said earlier, the total draw was around 10 Watts with the motor running at 8000rpm with no load - not that there is much load added when actually perforating a foam sheet, even if the load doubled then at 20 Watts your 2200 lipo should last over an hour…

Sorry about the cat photobombing…he likes the foam backing sheet for some reason.

@dart1280 thanks for the photos.
I just bought 12v power supply, just like the one used to power the MPCNC. I’m planning to make an adapter that goes from the barrel plug on the supply to to an xt60 on my esc.

if that does not work I will stick with the 2200 3s lipo.