Primo 40w laser build

I can’t be the only one who looked at the picture and said “You are 5 months late!”.
And then the brain kicked in (the dots were a subtle clue I think) and realized the whole world doesn’t do dates like we do, I’m sure there’s a better name for it than imperial dates, but the v1 calculator comes to mind and the first thing I think of to describe once again how we do something different than the rest of the world. And I’m to lazy to google the correct description, so imperial dates it is…
Bottom line is they look great, you are 2 months early, 60 days, 60 plates, like a vitamin, one a day, plenty of time!

3 Likes

1.8.2021 makes sense to me.

But 2021.8.1 also makes sense to me.

8/1/2021 takes some getting used to. But I am used to it.

I just assumed it was a picture from a very long time ago.

Nice project!

Seems like another imperial/metric kind of difference. I definitely read it like @ddbuster. I was raised with month/day/year and inch and feet but now that I’ve got a cnc I’ve begun to see the superiority of the metric system.

2 Likes

David well spotted , not sure the different formats have a name …

1 Like

I hate date formatting.

So many problems. Canadians are supposed to do DMY (little endian) format for numerical, but de-facto, because so much of our software is from the USA, MDY (WTF endian) has become a standard, too, because though most software will let you set it that way, it often breaks because lazy programming. Windows mostly works now, but sometimes you still get some craziness.

Banks hate the first 12 days of the month, too. If they see a cheque dated 01/08/2021, they don’t know if it’s staledated or postdated.

I’m in the habit of using a 3 char abbreviation for the month, then it’s no problem.

1 Like

I am old enough to remember 1" measurements , I love mm now , but still sheet metal suppliers metal stockest ,wood suppliers still list stock in inches , no wonder everyone is confused , but you would think seconds,minutes,hours,days,weeks,months,years would be recorded in that order

That contraption is incredible, full on mad scientist vibe going on, love it.

Thanks Damian , it’s looking less mad and more sensible each day I work on it .

Just curious if you could post a link to the tube mounts and mirror mounts you landed with? Just in case other people feel brave enough to follow in your footsteps.

Hi here you go

Rich
1 Like