Primo Build in Charlotte NC

Hey, this is the start of my gallery on my build. Obviously a work in progress

It’s 24"x24"x3.25"

Obviously need to figure out cable management. Would love some ideas.

6 Likes

That looks like a great table I have something a bit smaller as a work cart and love it.

As for the wires check out the tape measure trick

I don’t see any links to what wire loom you need for this.

Beautiful build so far. I just started on mine Jan 1 and am so impressed with the design.

I really like your base and the approach to having the spoil board “pocket” where did you buy base?
Also your case for your display. Did you print or purchase?

-Craig

Hey Craig. The case is Ryan’s design and is here. It’s ok.

The table is a 44"x44" Kreg universal bench and I added Melamine tabletop and bottom shelf with melamine sides. I fully intend to add doors at some point for a gigantic storage area minus the CNC electronics.

The base of the CNC is 44"x44" and it’s 3/4" MDF basically 2 4x4 sheets of MDF glued together. The spoil board insert is a tight fit to keep it from moving. Added a countersunk handle. For now, cause I’m lazy, I’ll use painters tape and CA glue but I intent on drilling the holes for clamps.

2 Likes
1 Like

@vicious1 cool thanks. How many feet would you estimate I would need for a 24"x24" ?

I use small pieces and only cover exposed wire, not in the actual tubes. A quick estimate with your tape should let you know.

More updates

3 Likes

2 Likes

Built a vacuum thingymabobber

3 Likes

Rob this is not fair when you guys show such clean build in such clean shop spaces :laughing:

Curious: I don’t have a 3D printer. Is there a source to get a box for my SKR Pro and TFT?

Anyway looks great. I am gluing up my base. 3 pieces 3/4 (19mm) Baltic birch ply. Little overkill. I used a 10 Ton bottle jack against the ceiling, to add a little clamping and heck though in some clamps.

Of course just a couple gentle pumps of the jack :laughing:

My spoil area is a trough similar to yours.

there are a lot of professional 3d printing services, you just send them the STL and some money and they print it and send it to you. there are also lots of small independent people around the US that will print things for you. you can usually find adds for them on Facebook marketplace or Craig’s list.

i am also willing to print it for you, the cost will depend on the case and shipping but my prices are reasonable from what i have seen online.

lol @CABix that jack is a total MacGyver move. Bravo!

You should buy a Ender 3 Pro. If you enjoyed building the mpcnc, you’ll love 3D printing.

2 Likes

That sounds great. I have a SKR Pro with the TFT I bought a few weeks ago from V1.
Just looking for something simple for now.

Can you message me and we can take offline to work out next steps…
:+1:

1 Like

You could also use a shoebox, an electronics project box or build a box with that neat cnc machine you’ve just finished. They also work fine without a box (trust me).

Second buying a 3D printer. You will find many uses for it and they work great as a compliment to a CNC.

1 Like

Like your thinking. But I need to first get my baby up and cutting. Literally 5 weeks ago I could not spell MPCNC and now I have one. As a joke I call it “My Precious” ala The Hobbit but creeps my wife out😂

1 Like

I would just not worry about it for now. If you’re really wanting to protect it, I would put it in cardboard or buy an electrical box from home depot (they have them in the electrical supply area or in the sprinkler areas).