Printable Cable Chain for CNC, two-piece, snap-open, 20mm x 40mm, 64mm radius (v1.12)

@azab2c
I’m currently making a remix for “Upper B - Long” in both left and right facing.

I’m also adding holes so the new hole pattern will not only be compatible with the old hole pattern, but also be bidirectional.

@azab2c

Are your cords coming in from the opposite side from where your control box is located? If so, I think you will face issues on that. This is not so much related to my remix designs or even drag chain in general. It would also be the case for vac hose too.

The more I look at it, the more I am thinking that cords from the right with control box on left, is a no go. See illustration below, in which the cable chain is mocked up in blue, and control box is duplicated to be shown in both possible side positions. Notice how as the core moves toward home (X-min) the drag chain itself will hit the control box located on X-min side, and then the mount for it would also collide with the control box. Only way I see this working for control box on X-min side is to have cords enter from that side too. If I am misreading this, I’d be thrilled to be proved wrong. Again, I think the same issue is also present when vac hose is guiding the cords.

1 Like

@azab2c
Remix with Upper Mount B-2 long coming soon.

1 Like

Thank you @DougJoseph ! Don’t rush for me, am caught up with some other stuff at the moment. Thanks again for following up and thinking through the details. cheers!

@azab2c

The newly remixed mount posting is up, with left and right facing options in both long and short varieties:
https://www.printables.com/model/253880-lowrider-3-plasma-cnc-drag-chain-mount-revised-for

The drag chain posting is also updated to match the added holes, which enable bidirectional function while maintaining compatibility with previous version.

https://www.printables.com/model/250838-drag-chain-for-cnc-two-piece-snap-open-20mm-x-40mm

No parts of your chain need reprinted, as far as I can tell.

1 Like