Printable Enclosure for SKR-Pro v1.2 and TFT35

This project offers a 3D printable enclosure for a combination of the BigTreeTech SKR-Pro v1.2 controller along with a TFT35 touchscreen LCD. Highlights:

• All models are provided in print orientation and require no supports
  • M3 fasteners are used throughout and M3 nuts are used to securely fix them in place
  • The pedestal mount allows for internal cable routing and can be rotated, allowing the enclosure to be mounted horizontally or vertically
  • Mounting holes are provided on the bottom of the enclosure for countersunk #8 wood screws
  • Mounting holes and fan grill provided for 40mm fan
  • Cable egress slot over stepper connectors
  • Access to reset buttons on controller and LCD
  • Access to SD cards and USB ports on controller and LCD
  • An optional model is provided with a light pipe, allowing the TFT35 LEDs to be illuminate the control knob
  • Source CAD model provided and the project is permissively licensed

Model

Printed result

Can be mounted horizontally or vertically

9 Likes

Very slick. I love a print that doesn’t need supports.

What is Lestool? I recognize the resemblance. I was thinking of something that would be a knock off cheaper festool and I was going to call it “Restool. Tools for the rest of us”. I liked the name better than the project though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My dad’s name is Les and we both have a lot of respect for a certain German tool company but not enough money to buy anything they offer at their ludicrous prices. Instead we make a LESTOOL :smiley:

2 Likes

Fantastic! Printing now. I sent you some coffees from the Github link, thank you!

1 Like

Thanks @andrhamm I really appreciate that!

I’ve just pushed a new model to the repo with a taller top enclosure for the SKR. The original model does work as provided but everything is pretty tight, so the new model adds an additional 15mm of headroom inside to allow for a little more room for the wiring. The screw holes have been recessed by 15mm so both models can utilize the same 35mm M3 screws for assembly.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I love this enclosure but I am curious how everyone is routing their wires. The cables that came with the MPCNC kit are pretty loose so I ended up hacking up the box and screwing some boards to hold the wires in place. Are there some connectors I can buy that fit tight on the SKR board then maybe route the wires more cleanly? I picture in an ideal world some connectors that go from the SKR board to a female USB C and then have a USB C to USB C wire between the board and the steppers but im a mechanical engineer not electrical so the wiring is magic to me…