Printed part preferred slicer

What is the slicer of choice for the printed parts?

I typically use slic3r, but I know that there are times that a slicer makes a huge difference on the finished part, and I would prefer not to have fit issue, etc.

Thanks!

Marlin

I used slicer, then once I was printing the last part i realized that I was printing at .2mm layer heights. Don’t be like me. Pick a reasonable layer height.

Cura is my slicer of choice. I started with slic3r and then went to Repitier than ended with Cura

The latest version of slic3r 1.2.9 works pretty well. I used 0.3mm layers for everything with no problems and printed much faster than some of the print times mentioned here and on Thingiverse.

I did very light filing on some of the small bolt holes and some light sanding on the X and Y Rollers to tweak squareness. (My printer is a Kickstarter Robo3D with ED3V5 and an XXL LDC.)

Steve C

I’m using slic3r. I’ve printed the corner blocks and locks so far at .2mm. Why is that not a good height, and what would be a better height to print at? Thanks!

@Karlinsky

The only reason to use 0.3 instead of 0.2 is that it will take less time to print and the extra layer resolution is not necessary. I tend to get impatient with long prints. I like saving 20 minutes per hour :slight_smile: