Printing parts

Hi, how come all the IE parts im printing is 24mm inside diameter?
is it possible to force a 25mm pipe in to it?

Just going out on limb here, you might need to calibrate your printer. When I printed my parts, the outsides were almost exact but holes were always undersized. I was able to fix this by measuring the actual filament diameter and managed to get within reason. The parts aren’t loose going in, but they shouldn’t require a hammer by any means.

when i do test prints like 222cm cube its exact.dosaent mater if i print the IE-Flex_Foot or IE_Corner_Block2
the size are the same. i tested to multiply the size by 1.041% then it´s exact 25mm. but then everything is bigger
so what effects can that haver?

The roller F loks perfect, litle on the slopy side but i can shim it.

how come all the corner blocks is 0.5mm to small?

Dimensional accuracy depends on how well your printer is calibrated. The settings that affect the outside dimensions and inside dimensions (such as holes and other openings) are different, so it’s possible for outer dimensions to be spot on but the inner be off. There are some good calibration tips here: http://www.reprap.org/wiki/Triffid_Hunter’s_Calibration_Guide and here: http://www.reprap.org/wiki/Calibration.

I’ve never gotten mine all the way dialed in and had to sand/file/drill some parts to get everything to fit. Nonetheless, my MPCNC works great and I’m really enjoying it!

I test printed an IE corner block and it came out a little bit smaller than 25mm but it didn’t require much force to get the pipe in. Inner dimensions usually come out a bit smaller on my printer so I am sure the model is ok. Did you try to force the pipe in?

hello everyone I am new internet forums and new to 3d printers and not sure of proper etiquette here. please feel free to criticize my posts. I have a thick skin
first of all I am very excited about this project its the only reason I bought a 3d printer it is a makerbot clone (flashforge creator pro) if that maters at all
my question is can I print more than one part at a time for example 4 corners blocks, I think my build plate is big enough but would the extra time it would take to get back to each part make them weaker. any insight would be greatly appreciated

Hi Robert,

Congratulations on your 3d printer! You’ll have fun building and using the MPCNC, but there’s lots of other fun things to do with the printer as well.

You certainly can print multiple parts. Under normal circumstances, printing multiple parts will not result in weaker parts. However, I advise against printing multiple parts. There are a lot of things that can go wrong during a 3d print. Sometimes those things go wrong when the print is 90% complete. If that happens near the end of a 5 hour print of a single part, you’ve lost that part and the time it took, but if it happens near the end of a 20 hour print of four identical parts, all four parts are ruined. It’s a much bigger waste of time and much more frustrating.

Trust me, print each part separately, and when each part is done - especially the first one of that type - inspect it carefully to make sure it came out right. The parts are brilliantly designed to print without support (except for one), but it’s worth checking each piece over. Take the time to calibrate your machine. Parts can be drilled/filed/sanded to make fit if needed, but the closer you can get the specified dimensions, the easier everything will be. Print the parts in PLA.

Lots of folks here, including Ryan, who designed the MPCNC, are ready to help out - just post your questions when you have them.

Karl

thank you karl