Probably wrong wiring - stepper will not move

Hello friends,

I put togheter my mpcnc. Now i should build the control and wire everything.

I tought to try just 1 stepper in the “air”. But it dont move.

I plan to use Estlecam with an arduino nano and tb6600 drivers.

As power supply i have 36v.

Now i connected the arduino nano with my pc and prpgrammed it. Seems to work so far.

Then I wired one tb6600 to the arduino nano as Z-axsis.

If i plug in everything the red LED on the tb6600 is burning and the green one is flashing fast. If i press z + or - in estlecam the green LED burns wothout flashing.

I choosed 1 microstep and 1.5 ampere on the tb6600.

My steppers are Nema17 Motor 59Ncm

Now if i try to move the Z- axis in estlcam nothing happens.

Im pretty sure i didnt understand something… Maybe someone can say why it wont work.

I will attach pictures so you can see my setup.

Hey,
what setting did you specify in your “CNC Controller Setttings\Controller\Controller Hardware”?
I guess you chose “Arduino Nano”?

Try to select “GRBL all”, and programm your Arduino on your COM-port. Your Arduino should not flash after programming it via EstlCam.
Ciao
DJ

Hello DJ.

Thank you for your answer.

Is it correct, that pul- and dir- is connected to - from the power supply togheter with gnd from the arduino?

I tried now grbl all and connected dir+ to d7 and pul+ to d4 from the arduino.

I also tried another arduino nano and another tb6600 but my stepper wont move… After programming with estlcam the red led pwr is burning on the nano.

What could i try next?

I saw the recomanded voltage for my stepper is 12-24v. Is this the error? My power supply got 36v.

SOLITION: My Power supply was too strong… I took a 12v power supply and everything worked perfectly :grin:

If you have other questions, feel free to ask them. I am one of the few with the TB6600 as well. :stuck_out_tongue: (They rock!)

Hey Philipp,

Then i will use this oppurtunity.
Do you control your mpcnc also with estlcam? Maybe you could share your stepper settings with me?

Sure. :slight_smile: I can cut 3mm deep with a speed of 2000mm/min with a 6mm router bit in oak.

edit: I am using an Arduino Mega with the Arduinoclub board. But that should not matter.
edit 2: I could go up to 32k steps as you could, but it does not change much.

Thank you Philipp!

Will try it when my mpcnc is working!

Atm im strugling to find my solder😅

Have a nice evning!